• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ad locations do you think should be included?

Don't think I would ever use it, but one of the most effective places for an in post ad is in the first post you are taken to in the thread.
If the person has been reading the thread, then clicking on the thread title/blue dot will take them to a certain post - that would be the one to put it in.
If the person is taken to post #1, then that would be the post to put it in.

Always having it in post number 1, or any static post number does not make as much sense to me.

I get the highest adsense click through with the ad square shown in teh first post of the thread with text wrapped around it. I only show ads to guests and those guests typically come in through Google and land on the first post of a thread, since I only place (vB) showthread in my xml sitemap.

This looks very promising and I thnk you for all the work you've done on this.

+1 to a donate button in post #1 of this thread!

Does XenAMS support AdSense?

It does now (in my version). And *should* support any similar type of code from other ad serving sites. It also supports your own text advertisements. So you can create a text-based ad encouraging potential sponsors or members to support your site, and have it rotate through with actual ads. Or, just use it as a notice system.

You can now choose which groups ads will be shown to, based on ad location. Let's say you have supporters placed in bronze, silver and gold contributing groups. Gold members may see no ads, while silver will only see ads in the breadcrumb, and bronze supporters will see ads in the breadcrumb and sidebar. Everyone else see all ads, including those in between posts or within posts.

There are 10 ad locations, and will most likely go to 12. The additional ones were included to give you more choices for maximizing revenue.

You can now also create multiple ads from one banner, and track clicks.

I wish I can give a time frame, but I been busy with other things the last couple of days (my wife's site so that makes it a priority, :p, and have webinars to attend)

I quickly glanced at the added hook locations included with RC3, it looks like this version will require no template edits, yay.

I'll be postings SS's hopefully within the week.

Looking forward to it

Me too
rolleyes.png

Me five!

I'm anxious to put ads on our XF forum, as we will be using this to help fund the server costs. But, I would like to be able to enable some ads only for visitors, where other ads show for everyone (the less intrusive ones). I am even looking at membership options where NO ads would appear if a member paid...but I realize that is probably more trouble. If each ad location could have a toggle to show/not show it to members, or base it on usergroups somehow, that would be slick. I did not read that your current version (downloadable here) can handle this, although I can see how it could be applied through template edits. I would mainly prefer that there be little to no template editing, just to make future XF upgrades less confusing...but it's not exactly a deal breaker for me either.

Anxiously awaiting your next official release!

..If each ad location could have a toggle to show/not show it to members, or base it on usergroups somehow, that would be slick. ..

I would mainly prefer that there be little to no template editing, just to make future XF upgrades less confusing...but it's not exactly a deal breaker for me either.
Happiness is in your future. :)

Much happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom