• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing is that it does not appear on the installed Add-ons :S

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? If you do and you are confident to do this then drop any tables that begin with xf_xen_ams. Remember, always BU your DB first, :)

If you do not have access, let me know and I'll send you a modified XML that will not run the installer so that you can use it to uninstall it.

When i installed it for the first time, it wouldnt work ... i was getting an error so i tried to reinstall it, what caused that new error :S

When i installed it for the first time, it wouldnt work ... i was getting an error so i tried to reinstall it, what caused that new error :S

Do you recall what the original error was, and was it generated by the package I uploaded in the first post of this thread, or was it from a previous unreleased version?

First thing first though, can you remove from your DB any existing xen_ams_ tables?

there we go,

HDv

there we go,

HDv

Thanks, that is the first I heard of that error, and will address in the next version. It's strange as it uses the XenForo Helper File for creating the directory.

Since you received that error, the tables in the DB were created, and as the installer won't create a directory that already exists, try this for now:

- delete the xen_ams_ tables in the DB.
- Go to: yourXenForo/data/ and create a folder named xenams
- chmod the xenams folder to 0777
- reimport the xml

It would be very beneficial for this mod to allow for community submitted ads.

For example, for $5 your ad will show during X amount of time.
User can upload ad.
Ad will go through a moderation process.
Accept the ad and donation

Might prove to be more valuable then running Google Ads~

It would be very beneficial for this mod to allow for community submitted ads.

For example, for $5 your ad will show during X amount of time.
User can upload ad.
Ad will go through a moderation process.
Accept the ad and donation

Might prove to be more valuable then running Google Ads~

It is something worth considering, after the next release.

Is it planed to add Adsense?

I'm considering the approach I am going to take on this. I have a question about Adsense as I know little about them: can Adsense ads be displayed with other ads (ie: sponsors ads)? I'm asking to determine how I will integrate them.

I have a question about Adsense as I know little about them: can Adsense ads be displayed with other ads (ie: sponsors ads)? I'm asking to determine how I will integrate them.

Adsense ads are just a code that churns out google ads. What you are looking for is the management.

You can implement Openx into it to control global/zone inventories of advertisements. You can even base them on location, time, size, campaign, advertiser, forum, thread etc. It's a simple code just like the google adcode to specify whats what.

I figure you are elaborating on 40% Adsense, 20% Yahoo ads, 40% random ad agency; that is doable. Google Ads at 2pm-5pm EST for only people in New York during every other friday of the month up until it reaches 1,000 views while only showing for new visitors at their first 3 visits is also doable.

You have the admin account, others log in as users where they can control their zone's inventory. You operate, own, and manage the entire service.

I'm pretty sure you can force 30% of the ads being ran to in-house while leaving the other 70% configurable to whatever the site owners want. But don't quote me on that because I haven't tried it.

We use it in our 728x90 adblock which is integrated into vbulletin on http://www.fohguild.org/forums so it shouldn't be too bad on Xenforo

Is it planed to add Adsense?
You can already implement google Adsence with this mod, instead of using his include banner templates - just include the code from adsence. I know this is a bit tricky and is probably easy for an advanced user / starting programmer, but it can already be done.

You can already implement google Adsence with this mod, instead of using his include banner templates - just include the code from adsence. I know this is a bit tricky and is probably easy for an advanced user / starting programmer, but it can already be done.

My plan is to have Google (or similar) ad code take priority over the location, if present. And the ability to have specific adsense code for each Node. Of course, you will be able to cycle sponsor ads through too, but really I do not see why you would want to as sponsors will probably not like that too much.

My plan is to have Google (or similar) ad code take priority over the location, if present. And the ability to have specific adsense code for each Node. Of course, you will be able to cycle sponsor ads through too, but really I do not see why you would want to as sponsors will probably not like that too much.
At this stage I think that adsence is a better way to earn money, than sponsors, since I do not have any yet :D

Good point xFan. Although it might look a little tight if the forum name or description is too long. But, next to the shorter names it looks great in the mockup.

That wouldn't be too hard to implement, and I do like that idea.

FYI, I redid the time displayed code and it is now much more accurate. I also discovered a small bug that affects time remaining in the AdminCP for expired ads, but doesn't impact anything unless you save the ad with the new out-of-this world displayed time (it'll reset to 1 year though). I also started working on the Served Ads code (adsense). Slow going as I have been busy with other things.

Lawrence,
We currently use openx to inject adcode into Wordpress and forum (VB). Your addon seems promising but it only works for forum side, correct? Would it be able to copy and paste a piece of code and post them on non-XF part of the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom