• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to show a banner for some specific threads, I tried this with no results (it returns NULL), any idea?

The array isn't exposed to that template, you will need to do the check in the thread_view template.

Do you want Ads displayed in the post of a thread that = x, or ads displayed in any ad template when a viewer is in thread x?

Hi, I need ads displayed in any ad template when a viewer is in thread x.

The idea is that in some threads, I need to put a non profit ad since they are translations from a non profit site (with permission).

I don't mind to hardcode for not showing ads for some threads (for example thread ids 1,2,3,4) or showing an alternative banner.

Anything good happening with the upcoming version? :giggle:

There is no upcoming new version for XenAms, :p

I'm working on a completely new Ad Manager, re-written from the ground up. I've had time the last few days to work on it and it looks like I'll have time for most of this week to get a nice chunk of it done. When I do, I'll post some screenshots (but not in this thread, as I'm going to close it soon and open a new one in Add-ons Request for ideas people will like to see included when they see the SS's).

Sounds good. Hopefully its possible to implement different ads (adsense) to different Sides -> Portal - Main Forums Page - List Page etc.
Right now, if i add a Code to the ad_above_top_breadcrumb the same advert will be displayed on all the other pages too.
Would be better if you you could add, for example, Leaderboard to the Forums breadcrumb index page and maybe a Link Block 728x15 the the discussionList breadcrum.
Something like this is more effective monetizing

need help fixing this.. I am trying to place the banner on top or bottom of the quote from template how can I adjust this?
top2.webp

top3.webp

Sounds good. Hopefully its possible to implement different ads (adsense) to different Sides -> Portal - Main Forums Page - List Page etc.
Right now, if i add a Code to the ad_above_top_breadcrumb the same advert will be displayed on all the other pages too.
Would be better if you you could add, for example, Leaderboard to the Forums breadcrumb index page and maybe a Link Block 728x15 the the discussionList breadcrum.
Something like this is more effective monetizing

You will be able to assign a specific ad or group of ads to appear for each ad_xxxxx template depending on where the visitor is browsing. Each pack supports banners, scripts, and plain text (you can use this for a simple notice), and you may include them all in one pack if you choose.

need help fixing this.. I am trying to place the banner on top or bottom of the quote from template how can I adjust this?

If I understand correctly you would like an ad to show in a quoted reply, or under a quoted reply? I can take a look at the template, but can not guarantee the ad variable will be available to that template without re-installing XenAms and test it to be absolute sure. I have XenAms uninstalled and have had it uninstalled for a while, while I work on it's replacement, sorry for that.

If I understand correctly you would like an ad to show in a quoted reply, or under a quoted reply? I can take a look at the template, but can not guarantee the ad variable will be available to that template without re-installing XenAms and test it to be absolute sure. I have XenAms uninstalled and have had it uninstalled for a while, while I work on it's replacement, sorry for that.

Lawrence, I would like to have the 468x60 banner above or below the "Please support the website.. Become a Premium Member". Thank you for you help love this mod..

Lawrence, a quick question.

I've been using the existing XenAMS a bit more, and would love to see the ability for the mod to resize banners to fit a location in case the banner is bigger than the container.

I.e. We have a container with a height of 100, but sometimes get banners that are slightly bigger. Currently, that means the system will just not display the banner. If it can somehow be arranged that the mod instead resizes the banner to fit, that'd be bliss.

Also, will the new system feature an importer for the existing XenAms baneers/ads?

There is no upcoming new version for XenAms, :p

I'm working on a completely new Ad Manager, re-written from the ground up. I've had time the last few days to work on it and it looks like I'll have time for most of this week to get a nice chunk of it done. When I do, I'll post some screenshots (but not in this thread, as I'm going to close it soon and open a new one in Add-ons Request for ideas people will like to see included when they see the SS's).
any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom