• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have this installed and are using the breadcrumbs location, you may need to move the template edit in the PAGE_CONTAINER for the breadcrumb to a new spot as shown in the first post of this thread. If not, the top New Thread button may not work correctly for you.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Installed, it works but I have a problem with this set up:

Category
|-> Forum
|->Subforum

I have set up banners for Forum & childs, and other banners for Subforum & childs but they don't appear (only the banners for Forum & childs)

Installed, it works but I have a problem with this set up:

Category
|-> Forum
|->Subforum

I have set up banners for Forum & childs, and other banners for Subforum & childs but they don't appear (only the banners for Forum & childs)

Are you using the latest version?

I just tested this again for my own reassurance, with this setup:

Main Category
-> Main Forum
-> -> Sub Forum 1
-> -> Sub Forum 2
-> -> Sub Forum 3
-> a Page
-> Test Forum

I set Banner 1 to show exclusively to the Main Forum, and Banner 2 to show in Sub Forum 2, but not be exclusive.

Banner 1 shows in Main Forum, Sub Forum 1 and 3, and Banner 2 shows in Sub Forum 2 only (over-riding Banner 1). As I set Banner 1 to be exclusive to the Main Forum, only Banner 2 shows for the Main Category, a Page, and the Test Forum and it's children.

I have set up both banners exclusive and I just downloaded the XenAMS.zip download from first post. Setting it non-exclusive I have the same problem.

It would be nice the option to assign a banner to a specific thread.
I can see from a marketing point of view where that would be incredibly useful, but for that to happen then things need to be in place for people to buy banners at the time of creation, correct?

Maybe in a classifieds forum, people can put up a regular thread, but they also have the option to upload a purchased banner, which would only show up when the thread was being read. At least I believe that is what you are asking.

The latest version is uploaded in the first post of this thread. Some received a copy before I released it here, so they would have an outdated copy.
The reason I ask, is because there is no version number, so its hard to tell when it has been updated. Cheers

Any new releases will have a version number, :)
Roger that,
biggrin.png

To be crystal clear, there has been extensive testing of this modification for a while now, and this is the first publicly downloadable version.

I can see from a marketing point of view where that would be incredibly useful, but for that to happen then things need to be in place for people to buy banners at the time of creation, correct?

Maybe in a classifieds forum, people can put up a regular thread, but they also have the option to upload a purchased banner, which would only show up when the thread was being read. At least I believe that is what you are asking.

I'm only interested in assigning (from the ACP) a banner to the most popular and marketable threads in order to optimize earnings.

I'm only interested in assigning (from the ACP) a banner to the most popular and marketable threads in order to optimize earnings.

That may actually be doable. :)

I have set up both banners exclusive and I just downloaded the XenAMS.zip download from first post. Setting it non-exclusive I have the same problem.

I still can't replicate your problem. I'll wait to see if any one else reports it.

This mod is great, thumbs up from me.

I would greatly appreciate functionality for flash ads and google adsense included in future versions :)

When i'm trying to import the xml file i get

Hsp

any ideas how to fix it?

I've installed and uninstalled this add-on numerous times for testing. After each uninstallation I manually verified all data was removed from the DB, so it looks like an older version needs to be uninstalled first. Uninstall it, and then re-import the XML. New releases will not require uninstalling as the installer takes the version ID into account and makes the appropriate changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom