Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

OK, since you have succeeded doing that on a raw board and @Chris D likes your response I will give up trying to use https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-on-install-upgrade.960/ and just do it manually.

This does leave me a bit confused if the two addons do not play well together.

This is a payed addon. The addon installer does not work normally with payed addons, because it can not check whether you are allowed to download the newest version (=whether you payed for it).

Most payed addon-ons are not available in the normal resource manager, instead they get sent to you by email or via a special download procedure to protect themselves against piracy.

Completely forgot about this! Still have it installed but totally forgot about it. A superb add-on for anyone wanting push alerts.

I get all Pushover notifications doubled since some time... :oops: @Xon could your alert improvement add-on interfere with this add-on?
It shouldn't, you might get some wonky behaviour if you unmark an alert as read. But I'm not 100% sure how Xen Pushover hooks alerts.
After the last APP Update a few days ago the issue vanished. Seems like the APP itself (for iPhone) caused the problems.

Reactions: Xon
If i know this i hadnt bought...

How much does Pushover cost?

Short answer: For individuals, after a 7-day free trial, it costs $4.99 USD once, per-platform (iOS, Android, Desktop), to use on as many of your own devices1 on that platform as you want. There are no monthly or yearly fees and you can receive as many notifications as you want.

Long answer: As an end-user receiving push notifications, our iOS, Android, and Desktop clients are free to try for 7 days. After 7 days, you'll need to purchase a $4.99 USD license for each platform you wish to use it on. Once you've licensed a particular platform, you can use it on as many of your own devices that you personally use1 with no additional recurring fees. For example, once you make an in-app purchase in our iOS app on your iPhone, you can also use it on your iPad without having to pay again. If you also want to use it on your Android tablet, you would need to purchase an additional license for Android.

For organizations needing extra features such as SMS backup and user management, our Pushover for Teams service is $5 USD per user, per month. This service enables the use of Pushover without any per-platform licensing fees.

As an application developer or service provider sending notifications through our API, you can send a certain number of notifications for free each month. See our question about message limitations for more information.

For information on volume license pricing, please see this answer.

1. We consider "your own devices" to be devices that you primarily operate. A single account or license cannot be shared among multiple users in a household, organization, etc.

1. We consider "your own devices" to be devices that you primarily operate. A single account or license cannot be shared among multiple users in a household, organization, etc.
Just to note, the Pushover account you create for this is just for you and the devices you use, you aren't sharing that with anyone. Forum users would have to create their own accounts to receive push notifications.

There are 2 parts to the account:
  1. the subscription(s) that you want to receive as a user. There's no limit to what you can receive from these. So once a forum user purchases the Pushover app, there is no further cost to them.
  2. The application(s) that you want to create (in this case, as a forum admin). This is free for the first 7500 notifications that are sent out each month, after which you can purchase more notification capacity. For a busy forum this will therefore cost money whilst a smaller forum may cost nothing at all. Admins of course can choose which notifications they will allow Xen Pushover to send which can help limit the total push notifications that are sent. An additional/alternative option is to allow push notifications only to certain user groups (and possibly for user groups that users pay for via a user upgrade) which again will reduce the push notifications sent as well as possibly cover the cost through the user upgrade.
I hope this helps.

For those who are using this addon, what are you putting in your privacy policy with regards to data which this addon sends to Pushover?

Same thought here, @Chris D good add-on...any thoughts on pushing it to XF2 for those of us who don't wanna upgrade without our super cool add-ons going with us? :D

Top Bottom