Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

I thought perhaps there was a problem with my computer, so I downloaded another add-on zip file and installed it without any problem.
When I did that with this add-on, I got this screen response.1503926669063.webp

I did not try to manually install since I was trying to understand this issue. It is a new install, not an upgrade.

I interpret the result as a problem with the zip file for this add-on. If it cannot be fixed, I can always do it manually.

Sorry if this has been asked already - I looked back several pages and didn't see it. Is this add-on expected to be available for XenForo 2.X?

I have just installed the addon. I would like to ask two questions
  • Is it possible to ask member or guest to subscribe for push notification while registering or enabled by default?
  • Do I need to install some APP on the mobile to get the notification?
Thanks in Advance

I have just installed the addon. I would like to ask two questions
  • Is it possible to ask member or guest to subscribe for push notification while registering or enabled by default?
  • Do I need to install some APP on the mobile to get the notification?
Thanks in Advance

1) No. They need to have a Pushover account created separately. You can certainly modify your registration page and link them to the instructions. (Nonetheless, you need #2 below first.)
2) You need the Pushover app/client installed on your chosen device. (Install the app, associate it with your site as noted in the instructions.)

Has anyone installed this on 1.5 in the last week. The zip file I have causes addons and upgrades to report missing files.

Apart from trying 4 installs, I have not had time to investigate this further. The error report shown above does not say what is missing.

It is hard to imagine this having conflicts with other addons, but we are using TH Material Design modified for our site by @ThemeHouse I would be very surprised if that is an issue. Our site runs in web root html_public but that should not be a problem either.

Has anyone installed this on 1.5 in the last week. The zip file I have causes addons and upgrades to report missing files.
We have zero issues. Our zip pack had 21 Files and 15 folders and we upgraded from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 - no issues.
I also tried it on a raw test board that didn't have it installed previously, no issues.

My best guess with your issue is either how you are uploading files to your webserver or possibly the client settings to do the upload.

(Standard Proc.: Upload contents of the 'Upload' folder to your server, which in this case is just a 'library' folder. This should be merged right into in the existing library folder under your site root. If it's an upgrade, you should be overwriting files. Otherwise, they should fall right into place. Run the .XML file included, found above the Upload folder, in the zip root.)

Also, all of our sites are 1.5.12 or newer. Biggest site is 1.15.13, but the test version is 1.15.14 and no issues reported.

XF 1.5.14
Latest Pushover version

Got a Server Error... no idea what it means:

Code:
Error Info
Cannot query; no document registered - library/Zend/Dom/Query.php:245

Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Dom/Query.php(231): Zend_Dom_Query->queryXpath('//*[contains(co...', '.PopupItemLink')
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Model/Pushover.php(692): Zend_Dom_Query->query('.PopupItemLink')
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Deferred/AlertQueue.php(22): XenPushover_Model_Pushover->push(32960, 2)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenPushover_Deferred_AlertQueue->execute(Array, Array, 6.4304640293121, '')
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 6.4304640293121, '', false)
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}

Request State
Array
(
    [url] => https://www.mywebsite.com/deferred.php
    [_GET] => Array
        (
        )

[_POST] => Array
        (
            [_xfRequestUri] => /
            [_xfNoRedirect] => 1
            [_xfToken] => ********
            [_xfResponseType] => json
        )

)

This update is a very small bug fix which resolves an issue that could arise if an add-on attempts to send an alert to a user who doesn't exist. This generally shouldn't happen but now, if it ever does, you won't see any errors
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You're getting errors? Here, let's just suppress that. :X3: Voila! No more errors!

:LOL:

"Xen Notices" is indeed another add-on, but it's sort of optional.

You could just use the default XF notice system. The benefit of using Xen Notices is it has the ability to automatically reset a notice (which means it will re-show up to users who previously dismissed it). In XF you can just manually reset the notice, or even delete the old notice and create a new one.

Will this plugin work on 2.X? If not, any plans on making a version for xenforo 2.X?
I hope with integration of push bullet too.

There's another add-on that supports Push Bullet.

I've considered adding support for it but it would essentially be a new add-on.
Well if this add-on needs to be re-written anyway, and implementing that would have needed a re-write then it's certainly a possibility.

It's certainly not something I can commit to at this stage.

"Xen Notices" is indeed another add-on, but it's sort of optional.

You could just use the default XF notice system. The benefit of using Xen Notices is it has the ability to automatically reset a notice (which means it will re-show up to users who previously dismissed it). In XF you can just manually reset the notice, or even delete the old notice and create a new one.

I just don't want yet another addon - especially to increase usage of another addon-- know what I mean?

Top Bottom