Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

A little bug with @Brogan's "CTA Featured Thread Add-on". The only alarm that comes with CTA FT – when someone features a thread is not pushed completely: While the alarm is correct and complete on the board, the pushed notification only reads like this: "User (Admin) featured your thread ." (There is a space after "thread" and the name of the thread is not pushed – although the alarm on the board is displayed correct.) Let me amend, the alarm was send with the "Auto Thread Feature" function (the thread was featured by CTA FT automatically for certain criteria met).

Just a reminder of this minor issue.

You might want to update the xenresources link in the description Chris, it points to the old xenmedia gallery domain which seem to be a rather dodgy Japanese site targeted at high schoolers with thinning hair! o_O

Is there a way we could set the default push settings on the Admin Side? So that not every single alert type is defaulted to on when a user activates this?

There's lots of alerts that users really don't need to get push notifications about, or they don't need to be normal priority.

It would be great to set some to low priority so they don't make noise, or off all together, especially as they cost money.

Sort of.

The admin can switch certain alerts off entirely, at least:

upload_2016-10-17_10-26-26.webp

You might notice there that some alerts from add-ons aren't phrased automatically so some of the alert types you have to add your own labels for. But the main part that answers your question is that any of these which are disabled become disabled for all users (and they can't re-enable them).

Oh cool, that would work for now to disable some of the more menial alerts that wouldn't require a response from the users, so it's probably not worth pinging them on their phone for.

Sorry, what page is that screenshot from? I can't seem to find it.

I was wondering about the phrasing on some of them.

If you're not a Super Administrator then you will need to give yourself the relevant admin permission.

Ahh right, I don't give myself Super Admin permissions on my regular account in case it gets compromised. Probably a bit pointless really as you could still wreak havoc on a site it was compromised...

Thanks.

Well if this add-on needs to be re-written anyway, and implementing that would have needed a re-write then it's certainly a possibility.

It's certainly not something I can commit to at this stage.

Hmmm -- external accounts doesn't show on the user account dropdown, but it does show on the full account page ---

Do you have any other external accounts configured? If you do, and you disable the Xen Pushover add-on, does the External Accounts link reappear?

please do release with push bullet support its free

the other push mod for push bullet quit working on my site out of no wheres and developer didnt act too concerned with helping me fix it

which is why i donate to free devs and perfer them over the paid guys other than a few ive been hung out to dry on the addons ive paid the most for and helped the most from freebie devs

Top Bottom