Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

I've made that feature a little bit more clear via the resource description now:

Your users may not wish to receive push alerts for absolutely everything, so they can control this in their account settings:

upload_2015-11-8_13-49-16-png.121423

Furthermore, as the Admin you can globally disable certain alert types from being used:

upload_2015-11-8_13-50-31-png.121424

Third party add-ons may not have very friendly names. All we have is the "content type" and "action" for each alert. This is rarely very descriptive, so to help with this you an customise the phrases displayed:

upload_2015-11-8_13-53-7-png.121425

Disabling Pushover for certain alert types allows you to potentially reduce the number of messages sent via the the service

It was talked about in a resource update, but it seems I never updated the resource description.

It's potentially a hard sell, but obviously I can't do much about the cost of the app itself :)

Regardless, even if the app was free, you're unlikely to find that all of your members will use it. Hopefully enough of them would use it to make it worth while. What also may help them decide to buy it is that Pushover can be integrated with a number of systems so it may be something they already own or may need to use elsewhere anyway.

@Chris D Having installed the Conversation Essentials Add-on from @Daniel Hood I found one Alert not being pushed: "Someone likes your conversation" although it is a defined alert type with his add-on.

Do I have to update any cached infos on the alert types being pushed by XenPushover from Add-ons that are installed AFTER XenPushover or is this a bug?

Yes, you will likely need to click the "Rebuild Alert Types" button in the Admin CP:

upload_2015-11-11_11-2-21.webp

It should then appear in that list and you should be able to add the phrases, etc.

Awesome, I somehow expected it to work this way… (y) The question of the questions: Will my phrase edits for the pushover alert types be reset and lost?

Rebuilt done! Everything appears, nothing is lost. I tested it and it worked with XenPushover right away. Wow. Can only give you 1 like but see them as 10. (y)

I followed the directions and I am getting the following error.

Error: This application did not supply a required parameter and is not accepting subscriptions at this time. Please contact the application maintainer.

The "application maintainer" in this case is you.

Can you go through exactly what you have specified for the set up of your app and subscription in your Pushover account? And what options you have populated for Pushover Integration in the Admin CP?

I setup a new application. I have tried every option in the drop down from website to script to application. I put that key in the AdminCP. I created the subscription thing and put that in the AdminCP as well. Copy and pasted everything over from each. I've tried with my url and myurl/forums with and without the trailing / at the end of both.

Screenshots of things might help. I'm going to need specifics to track down the problem for you.

Feel free to share them in a conversation if necessary.

i really like this add-on, i tested it all week

i wish more forums used it, none of the forums i visit use this, it's such a shame, also i can't find a list of forums that use this

and the pushover website, you cannot search for forums that have this.

my 7-day trial of using pushover expired now i must buy it for 6.99 , which i wouldnt mind, but i dont have anywhere to use it except my own forum,

it makes me feel lonely

i also wish i could use multiple accounts on the same forum,

cool add-on nevertheless

i think if i had a big big forum, i would buy it for my users, they would get hooked on it after using it for 7 days

Admittedly I have no idea where you are, but 6.99 seems high. It should be £3.99 GBP and I think $4.99 USD.

I do wish it was cheaper.

Does this support other 3rd party add-on alerts?

If it doesnt, do you think you could add a really simple way for 3rd party add-on developers to make their alerts work with your addon?

Top Bottom