Xen Pushover (Push Notifications) [Deleted]

Chris D updated Xen Pushover with a new update entry:

Conversation alerts, Pushover subscriptions, XF 1.5 compatibility

Please read the following carefully. The upgrade will effectively disable the add-on until set up is complete. Please note, also, that the minimum requirements of the add-on have gone up. Xen Pushover now requires XenForo 1.4 and above and PHP 5.3.2 and above.

The first thing to do before upgrading is to log in to your site's Pushover account, find the API application you created, and create a subscription code:
View attachment 114716

You just provide some basic information and your URL:

View attachment 114717

You will be given a subscription code, or a subscription code URL. Enter either of those into your Admin CP along side the existing API Token/Key you already have:

View attachment 114718

Until this is done, Xen Pushover is effectively disabled and your users will be missing notifications.

This change is because Xen Pushover now uses an extremely simple Pushover feature called "Subscriptions".

Users are no longer required to obtain a complicated User key to subscribe, all they need to do is click the Subscribe button:

View attachment 114719

This takes them off to Pushover to register/log in and then they are returned back to your site, where a special token is received and associated to them.

Then log in to Pushover, choose their default sound and device:

View attachment 114720

Then they're done!

View attachment 114721

They can cancel subscription directly from Pushover or use the button above, and change some settings:

View attachment 114722

Pushover Alert Types has been moved (accessible via the button above). It looks mostly the same, except you can specify a sound for each type.

View attachment 114723

XenForo scraping doesn't support conversations. But it has been improved. Scraping for alerts doesn't mark them read and if you've read them on XF.com, they no longer come through via Pushover.

The summary of the all changes are:
  • Implements Pushover subscriptions (above)
  • Supports alerts for conversations
  • Per alert type sound setting
  • Improved code surrounding XenForo alert scraping
  • XenForo 1.5 compatibility

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please read the above update information carefully.

Please note that any existing purchasers of the add-on should receive an email shortly from FetchApp. If you don't receive this, in the first instance please check your email for any past emails. Any email from FetchApp about Xen Pushover will contain a link which allows you to download the most up to date version.

If you can't find that information or don't receive an email from FetchApp then please contact me by Conversation with your email address and I will sort it out for you.

One Gotcha that I ran into @Chris D, that your image doesn't reflect. I kept getting a base URL error when putting my site URL in. I HAD to put a trailing slash in (twowheeldemon.com/).
That was on the Pushover site in the Admin panel.

Now that this addon uses subscriptions do we still need "Your application" on the the Pushover site? I'm guessing yes. Thanks for the update.

Great add-on. Works like a charm!

Question @Chris D : Did I miss its existence or could you implement a feature that a certain user group can receive notifications from specific forums and sub forums? For example if a "Staff Sub Forum" exists and a thread is posted there, the system automatically sends out a notification to that sepecific user group no matter if the users "watch" it or not…

Great add-on. Works like a charm!

Question @Chris D : Did I miss its existence or could you implement a feature that a certain user group can receive notifications from specific forums and sub forums? For example if a "Staff Sub Forum" exists and a thread is posted there, the system automatically sends out a notification to that sepecific user group no matter if the users "watch" it or not…
No it can't be per forum. It just pushes the alerts that are received by the user.

Could you provide PushBullet support?
Maybe in a future version (as mentioned a few posts back).

On my server I receive a server error when someone likes an image of the XenGallery images from my album. No push notification is sent although activated in the alert / push preferences. The following server error occurs:

Code:
Zend_Dom_Exception: Cannot query; no document registered - library/Zend/Dom/Query.php:245
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Dom/Query.php(231): Zend_Dom_Query->queryXpath('//*[contains(co...', '.PopupItemLink')
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Model/Pushover.php(679): Zend_Dom_Query->query('.PopupItemLink')
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Deferred/AlertQueue.php(22): XenPushover_Model_Pushover->push(36, 2)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenPushover_Deferred_AlertQueue->execute(Array, Array, 8, '')
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 8, '', false)
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(16) "/media/image.21/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Having installed the newest versions of XF, XFMG and Pushover.

I "xxed" out my domain.

Last edited:
XenGallery or XenForo Media Gallery?

I can't reproduce this with XenForo Media Gallery 1.1.0 (running XF 1.5.0 and Xen Pushover 1.2.0).

Sorry, when I saw it I recognized it can be mistaken. I edited it: XenForo Media Gallery. newest versions of all. What type of error is this?

@Chris D I just tried to upgrade Xen Pushover to version 1.2.0 and after I tried to update the .XML file I get the warning right away.

server-error.webp

I'm guessing NFLJ_Survivor would be the addon from @Bob so I don't know if this is an issue with your plugin or Bob's.

@Chris D I just tried to upgrade Xen Pushover to version 1.2.0 and after I tried to update the .XML file I get the warning right away.

View attachment 115547

I'm guessing NFLJ_Survivor would be the addon from @Bob so I don't know if this is an issue with your plugin or Bob's.
Got a fix for this in the next version :)

On my server I receive a server error when someone likes an image of the XenGallery images from my album. No push notification is sent although activated in the alert / push preferences. The following server error occurs:

Code:
Zend_Dom_Exception: Cannot query; no document registered - library/Zend/Dom/Query.php:245
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Zend/Dom/Query.php(231): Zend_Dom_Query->queryXpath('//*[contains(co...', '.PopupItemLink')
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Model/Pushover.php(679): Zend_Dom_Query->query('.PopupItemLink')
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenPushover/Deferred/AlertQueue.php(22): XenPushover_Model_Pushover->push(36, 2)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenPushover_Deferred_AlertQueue->execute(Array, Array, 8, '')
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 8, '', false)
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(16) "/media/image.21/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Having installed the newest versions of XF, XFMG and Pushover.

I "xxed" out my domain.
This is an odd one, and I can't reproduce it.

I'm going to have to look at it in more detail, tomorrow.

This is an odd one, and I can't reproduce it.
I'm going to have to look at it in more detail, tomorrow.

If it helps: I deactivated the add-on, then there are no server errors logged when someone likes the picture in the gallery.
As soon as I activate the add-on, the server errors occur again the same way. It seems like the initiation of the push itself does generate the server error.

Top Bottom