Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

No, downloading requires the user to be logged on, and to go to their license to click the Download button. They can then choose which version they want to download. An email is sent to them with a link to their license after purchase, though; so it's only a few more clicks.

Thank you for your fast reply.When the user purchases an product how the proccess does works is an api key required for paypal ?

Your PayPal account needs to support IPN notifications, but no API keys are required.

From a user perspective:
  • They add items to their cart
  • They view their cart
  • Accept license terms (if applicable)
  • Checkout
  • Redirected to PayPal
  • PayPal lists the product details and cost.
  • User logs into PayPal and makes payment.
  • User goes back to your site.
The payment process is usually instantaneous, if that's the case they can go straight to their Licenses page (a menu item shows up that says Active Licenses or Inactive Licenses). If a product requires activation they first need to provide a name and URL before downloading. If not, they can download it immediately. Sometimes payments aren't instant, so they will just wait for the confirmation from PayPal and the Product Manager add-on that the order is complete (the order is only complete once the payment is marked as Completed by PayPal).

Your PayPal account needs to support IPN notifications, but no API keys are required.

From a user perspective:
  • They add items to their cart
  • They view their cart
  • Accept license terms (if applicable)
  • Checkout
  • Redirected to PayPal
  • PayPal lists the product details and cost.
  • User logs into PayPal and makes payment.
  • User goes back to your site.
The payment process is usually instantaneous, if that's the case they can go straight to their Licenses page (a menu item shows up that says Active Licenses or Inactive Licenses). If a product requires activation they first need to provide a name and URL before downloading. If not, they can download it immediately. Sometimes payments aren't instant, so they will just wait for the confirmation from PayPal and the Product Manager add-on that the order is complete (the order is only complete once the payment is marked as Completed by PayPal).

And as follows do i need to be a company ?

Your PayPal account can be a Premier account, so that wouldn't necessarily need to be associated with a business. IPN notifications are available with a business account too.

A PayPal personal account won't work. It needs to be at least a PayPal premier account. (I think the upgrade is a few clicks in your PayPal account).

I don't know, really.

I'm sure PayPal will have advice on that, and I'm sure you will probably have local laws which dictate when you need to register yourself as a business.

I've found an solution chris.Is it possible to disable purchasing products and manually assign licenses to the customers ?

You can prevent users from buying products, yeah.

You can then add the licenses manually. You add the items to your cart, and then there's a "Convert cart to licenses" button at the checkout.

You can prevent users from buying products, yeah.

You can then add the licenses manually. You add the items to your cart, and then there's a "Convert cart to licenses" button at the checkout.

Perfect like i've imagine i'll purchase this thank you for developing good products.

I bought it a couple of days ago and for what I need, it's good.

There are just a couple of things missing:
- rate this product
- comment this product

I want my store to be as transparent as possible. Are you planning of having these 2 things implemented?
Thanks

I don't believe either of those things have been suggested yet.

I recommend posting at XenResources.com in the Suggestions Forum.

Hello, I know it says this is to sell 'digital content' etc, but is it possible to use this on an Atheltics sites to sell our running kit to club members?

It's probably not ideal, no.

e.g. there's nothing to handle inventory, shipping costs, physical delivery addresses; that kind of thing.

It's probably not ideal, no.

e.g. there's nothing to handle inventory, shipping costs, physical delivery addresses; that kind of thing.

Thanks for the reply Chris. I don't inventory or shipping is required as the clothing would just be collected at the club I guess.

There's quite a heavy focus around the concept of licenses so that might look unusual. Certainly you'll likely have to change some phrases.

Though it is possible to create products that don't have an expiry date, e.g. products that don't require any sort of renewal after X time.

Have a play around with it at https://xenresources.com. Add things to the cart, remove them, look at the cart page so you can see what it looks like from an end user point of view. If you have any specific questions about the back end I'll do some screenshots.

Top Bottom