Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

The add-on doesn't really work for physical products unless you do a load of manual work (there's no concept of physical delivery addresses, etc. it's mostly geared towards digital products).

You can set up products to last a set period of time and promote to a user group for that period of time, and demote you from that user group after that time has passed. But, actually, you can do that with the XenForo User Upgrades system anyway, so you probably don't need to buy this add-on to achieve that.

Thank you for the Honest Feed Back! I forgot about the Upgrade system.

Suggestion: Make this addon not only for digital products but also for real products that people can buy or sell through your addon....like a marketplace.

I'm just wondering if this add on has any new features or future development planned?

I was only asking Chris as I know you've got lots on. I suspect this will become a native xenForo mod... at least I hope anyway :)

Why wouldn't it?
I've also been wondering as well as there hasn't been much going on here or on XenResources.

I can understand you're busy with your new job as a developer for XenForo, but it's worrisome when there are no updates and little communication for months, especially for an add-on some people use for business.

Currently the product is stable with no major bugs. Some bugs that have been reported have been fixed but nothing has been released yet as my plan is to work on a feature release in the near future.

If XF 1.4.4 came out tomorrow and broke everything, or a major bug was reported that needed to be fixed, there would be an update within 24 hours. I respond to support queries ASAP as always.

You all know me by now. That should all go without saying.

Hello Chris,
I like a lot your add-on and I'm almost ready to buy.

I just have 2 quick questions.

1) I will sell ebooks, access to secret areas of my forums, pc programs for music producers.
You see that with those I won't need a "license" but just the ability to download the file after the payment.
Is this possible?
If the user has to "activate" the license it can still ok (if he gets an email) but adding an url makes no sense to them

2) is it possible to have "hidden products", that don't appear on the list of products?
You should be able to access them only having the url.

The second question is not as important as the first one: please let me know if there is a solution or a workaround (modifying the templates)

Thanks a lot!

Gas

There isn't a solution for the second point at the moment.

But, yeah. It is possible to have products that don't need activating (no URL needs to be provided) and also products that don't expire.

There may be some phrases that still mention Licenses but it should function how you want it.

@Chris D Do you have any plan for adding marketplace feature where the forum users can sell their own products?

I would also like to see this feature as well as physical product selling option with shipping address and stuff. Wanted to buy it ,but as it is its not the best option for my forum. Looks great for digital stuff though.

Chris D updated Xen Product Manager with a new update entry:

All known bugs fixed.

This update fixes all known issues and is recommended for all Xen Product Manager customers.

The changes in this version are:
  • Fixed bug in installer which prevented a table from being created on upgrade
  • Changed some of the logic surrounding expired licenses.
  • Some small styling issues.
  • Fixed the ability to be able to add optional extras to a product.
  • Fixed a number of issues relating to pagination of the products list.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Bob
No, downloading requires the user to be logged on, and to go to their license to click the Download button. They can then choose which version they want to download. An email is sent to them with a link to their license after purchase, though; so it's only a few more clicks.

Reactions: LPH
Top Bottom