Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

Chris D updated Xen Product Manager with a new update entry:

Minor features and bug fixes

This update adds two minor features kindly developed by @NixFifty, plus a number of bug fixes.
  • Users with permission can view a list of users who have downloaded each version of a product by clicking the download count on the "Version History" tab
  • When creating adding a new version, you can mark it as "Unsupported". Unsupported versions are downloadable but the most recent supported version is selected by default when downloading (similar to unsupported XF...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Chris,

We recently removed some products from our store however the licenses still appear on the license page. You can't actually click anything, the download/update buttons are broke and don't lead to anything of use. Have you seen this before?
This was already fixed, but in version 1.2.13 which has just been released :)

The fix is not retroactive, so to remove those problematic licenses you would just do a query similar to the following:
Code:
DELETE license
FROM xenproduct_license AS license
INNER JOIN xenproduct_cart_item AS item ON
    (license.item_id = item.item_id)
WHERE item.product_id = 222
(Where 222 is the deleted product ID)..

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'is_unsupported' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1638
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1627
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenProduct/DataWriter/Product.php at line 205
  9. XenProduct_DataWriter_Product->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1423
  10. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenProduct/ControllerPublic/Product.php at line 748
  11. XenProduct_ControllerPublic_Product->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /htdocs/xen/forum/index.php at line 13

My first try to add a product.

This was already fixed, but in version 1.2.13 which has just been released :)

The fix is not retroactive, so to remove those problematic licenses you would just do a query similar to the following:
Code:
DELETE license
FROM xenproduct_license AS license
INNER JOIN xenproduct_cart_item AS item ON
    (license.item_id = item.item_id)
WHERE item.product_id = 222
(Where 222 is the deleted product ID)..
I've ran this which has removed the orphaned products but the tabs still show the wrong count. Active I only have 1 available.
1503024481687.webp

Is it to do with xenproduct_download still having those product_id's present?
1503024613665.webp

Will this be updated for XF2 once Gold is out for XF2 and RM? This looks very interesting for future use if so :)

Can I make some cheeky feature requests even though I haven't bought this yet?
  1. Multiple Licence Tiers
    In other words, the ability to sell a 3 Month, 1 Year or Lifetime version of the product. I wonder where I came up with those numbers :P
    I'd say this is the big one if anything was to be changed for an XF2 compatible version.

2. Multi-Product Coupons
    In other words, make the Product drop-down a multi-select.

3. Per-Licence Coupons
    Only really useful if the above two are also implemented, but if they were, the ability to add a coupon to only, say, the Lifetime version of the product would be grand.

4. Multi-Currency Support
    The ability to define multiple currencies, using a single currency as a base, and using 3rd party exchange rate tools to keep the exchange rate from the base currency updated.
Those are the big things I'd miss from our bespoke system if we were to switch over today.

Fillip

I agree.

There's actually a license state that isn't used which is 'revoked'. This is the exact reason it exists, but for some reason it was never implemented. Either that or it is used, but it still isn't exposed anywhere - I'll look into this ;)
Just had to issue my first refund, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the license got deleted. Would be useful to mark this as a feature in the product description.

Unfortunately, the license is also deleted when they user charges back or opens a PayPal complaint... which isn't the most ideal thing to happen.

Liam
That hasn't been true for the last 18 months or so:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-product-manager.3569/update/19701/
Another major change revolves around chargebacks. One annoying aspect of previous versions was that chargebacks would effectively delete the cart and the license, making it difficult to track down which user actually triggered the chargeback.

In this version, licenses are now set to the state of "revoked" and the cart is "expired". Revoked licenses appear on the "View All Licenses" page and you can filter this page by license state to only show you the Revoked licenses.

Hi Chris,

Are there any variable for xenproduct_download that allows me to show in the license tab of the user profile the last time the user has downloaded the product. For better understanding, in the attached image I show what I would like to get.

Imagen2.webp

Thanks, luis.

In terms of viewing who/when a version was last downloaded we have that facility in the latest version: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-product-manager.3569/update/22064/

If you have permission then on the "Version history" tab you can view the number of downloads for each version then click through to a list of the user's who have downloaded each version.

It will get you the information you want, but with a bit more clicking.

Top Bottom