Xen Notices [Deleted]

My forum is in spanish, so it would be a good idea if Dismiss Notification could be changed to a predefined phrase, or at least tell users what should be changed to match their language. :)

I have a notification to tell users to introduce themselves.
I have a specific node for introductions.
Is there any way to disable this notification if that user has posted in that node? :unsure:

upload_2014-3-8_16-46-30.webp

I am getting weird behaviors with this add-on as of late. When I save a notification - I can no longer change the text inside it.

The first time I try to save a new notification is gives me an invalid text error for the main body of the message. If i hit save again it works without the error (no changes required) but then if I try to edit the notification and change the text it reverts to the previous text. Any ideas? Not sure when this started happened but we just noticed it with the latest site revamp as we are not updating the notifications. I ended up deleting many of them and creating new ones because of this issue. :(

Running xenforo 1.2.4

I am getting weird behaviors with this add-on as of late. When I save a notification - I can no longer change the text inside it.

The first time I try to save a new notification is gives me an invalid text error for the main body of the message. If i hit save again it works without the error (no changes required) but then if I try to edit the notification and change the text it reverts to the previous text. Any ideas? Not sure when this started happened but we just noticed it with the latest site revamp as we are not updating the notifications. I ended up deleting many of them and creating new ones because of this issue. :(

Running xenforo 1.2.4
Are you using the rich text editor? If so, switch it off in the Notifications options in the ACP. It's not been updated to work with Redactor (the Xenforo editor since 1.2) and some have had problems with the old editor. I switched it off and use plain text and HTML and it works just fine.

Hopefully @Chris D will update this at some point though he has been busy with Xen Media Gallery and the newly released Xen Pushover, both of which are awesome. :)

Are you using the rich text editor? If so, switch it off in the Notifications options in the ACP. It's not been updated to work with Redactor (the Xenforo editor since 1.2) and some have had problems with the old editor. I switched it off and use plain text and HTML and it works just fine.

Hopefully @Chris D will update this at some point though he has been busy with Xen Media Gallery and the newly released Xen Pushover, both of which are awesome. :)

Ah I am, excellent that makes sense. Thank you!

Chris D updated Notifications with a new update entry:

Fixes Rich Text Editor, Birthdays, Plus Performance Enhancements

Version 1.7 of Notifications brings with it a number of important fixes and performance enhancements.

They are:
  • New HTML rich text editor based on Redactor:
upload_2014-4-2_1-49-27.webp
  • Birthday notifications functionality has been fixed to ensure the correct users are displayed in the notification.
  • Birthday notifications are no longer based on the users being followed. Instead a new option lets you provide a limit on how many birthdays will be shown (0 to show all).
  • A lot of code improvements and refactoring.
  • Performance enhancements! Notifications now have zero query overhead. Dismissed notifications are cached in the user's session, and the notifications themselves are now cached in XenForo's simple cache.
You should receive an e-mail from FetchApp containing a new download link, however any e-mail you have received about Notifications previously contains a download link which will also download this latest version.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
You can see the editor functions in the screenshot above, however, you can activate the code button (the one on the left) and that will let you type any HTML.

Of course, the notifications are typically quite small, so not everything is appropriate, but technically all HTML should work. The only exception to that is if you try and use any JavaScript heavy stuff inside a Notification. It may not work very well. That being said, a while ago I was able to create a notification by pasting in the code for a Facebook "Like" button. So it should be pretty flexible :)

Thanks for the update. :)

My site stopped loading (blank page) after uploading the new files. Got one of these errors for each time someone tried to visit.

Untitled.webp

Same problem but I thought it was because of Transmit (just started using it). Am in the process of restoring from a backup to be sure.

Now I'm getting a "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Everything seems to be fine for me after deleting all the add-on's files. Site is loading and server errors have stopped. Are you saying that you restored your site's database or the original add-on files?

Not compatible with 1.2.x - had to turn it off now because of errors :(
I'm using 1.3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom