Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any sites that made the migration from PhotoPost Pro that are willing to share their URLs?

I'm interested in how the Members Albums migrated over.

No, the whole point of using BB Code Media sites is if it works in the forum, it will work in the Gallery.

So you just need to make sure it is enabled:

View attachment 74394

You can then use it by pasting the URL in the Add Media screen from the "Embed a Video" tab.

Can I ask why I have to embed it as a video and not an image.

Thanks to you and @JoshyPHP this is almost working for me perfectly. :D

Well the options are Upload an Image or Embed a Video. With the Getty stuff being BB Code Media Site it definitely isn't the case that you can upload their images. Uploaded images would stay on your server. But with this Getty stuff it stays on their server and you are embedding it. So "Upload an Image" is definitely incorrect.

I appreciate "Embed a Video" isn't quite accurate either. But it is accurate in the sense that it is embedded media rather than uploaded.

Simplest thing to do here is to change the phrase. Change these phrases:

xengallery_embed_a_video
xengallery_embed_a_video_explain

Don't change the titles, just edit them and change the text to whatever fits best.

You could even, to make it more clear, change it to something like:

"Embed a Video or Getty Image"

It wasn't a criticism. :D

I take it because you have to do it this was that is why I don't get thumbnails?

Thanks for your help. :D

I know it wasn't :)

Just wanted to explain why in detail.

Yes that's why. It is possible to have thumbnails under certain conditions but it requires extra code. I'll take a look.

I was wondering is there any way to show new media, popular media etc on the forum main page? or integrated with *******'s modern statistics. Thanks

There's a guide in the customer area which tells you how to add a block to the sidebar (like you can see at http://xenmediagallery.com).

The same code can be used to add a block to any page. It's also possible to do it using Widget Framework and XenPorta.

I have a photopost 8 pro DB of unknown state...

I have vb integration on it.
I tried to do the xf upgrade and it failed miserably and chuck was useless as usual with support so I just gave up and waited for this to have PP importers.

So, I'm not even sure what I have to start with. How can I tell which path I should run with? xf? vb integration? from scratch?
Also, it's in other database (my old vb one). Can I import it from the old vb db into the xf one?

Should be very easy.

First thing to do is forget the Gallery exists and complete the vBulletin to XenForo import.

Then, once that's done, install Xen Media Gallery.

Then you can use the PhotoPost Pro importer to Xen Media Gallery. That will ask you for the vBulletin database details and the Photopost Pro database details.

Once that import has completed, you will have a XenForo installation with all your vB content and all your PhotoPost Pro content.

No. I said forget the gallery exists.

XenForo has a built in importer to import your vBulletin forum to XenForo. Do that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom