Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got away from Photopost Pro several years back and moved to vBadvanced Gallery (fewer features, but a nicer integration at the time, and more vB-like), which eventually got bought out by Photopost... ugh.

I'm going to see if I can get my developer to build an import script for Photopost vB Gallery, as I'm sure Chris will first focus on Photopost Pro, and I can't hold out too much longer, gotta get this site migrated.

This looks great, but I'm specifically looking for a video gallery where members can upload clips. From what I can gather, you can only embed videos in this gallery, yes?

Thanks.

That's correct at the moment. Currently none of the gallery solutions provide video uploading.

I would rather ember videos anyway simply file size alone. I do not mind compressing images but i lack any knowledge on videos to know what would hurt quality etc so embedding is just fine for me LOL.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

There's a button on the media items which enables member tagging.

We got away from Photopost Pro several years back and moved to vBadvanced Gallery (fewer features, but a nicer integration at the time, and more vB-like), which eventually got bought out by Photopost... ugh.

I'm going to see if I can get my developer to build an import script for Photopost vB Gallery, as I'm sure Chris will first focus on Photopost Pro, and I can't hold out too much longer, gotta get this site migrated.

I really need an importer from Photopost Pro

i
It has been suggested and it will be implemented in the future.

I know it has been sugested but right now I am sitting with Photopost that is running errors and a copy of this one that I cannot use unless we lose all our galleries and start from scratch

Why did you buy Xen Media Gallery if it doesn't currently do what you need it to do?

If you started from scratch, but kept your Photopost content, you will be able to import Photopost into XMG at a later date. So, effectively, you could merge the old and the new.

Why not release a Beta to customers? You have had a Beta 1 out since February and your latest announcement for Beta 3 says you are working on more features. That is kind of frustrating to customers. Beta usually means customers get to play with it. Especially those that have been really needing convertors like Photopost.

It was purchased at the time for a new forum that never happened in the end, so hence I am sitting in this situation with a possible solution to the error issue on Photopost . It is not an option to lose the current gallery content even for a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom