Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I thought you were one of the people who requested it for. It's in this thread somewhere or at my site, but basically it may happen in the future, but not in the near future. It's popularity has been noted, however.

I will announce the price increase exactly 7 seconds before I increase it :sneaky:

I actually have no more to say than Brogan at this point. User Albums are coming and the price will increase. Am I just going to release the albums functionality without warning? Of course not.

Development update: I started planning it yesterday and I have some ideas and started working out the database schema, writing the DataWriter and Model that interact with the album.
Christ, 7 seconds? :p

Seriously folks, use common sense, you need a gallery? Purchase it now and save the money. Chris is committed to this addon along with other people to make it the best gallery addon for XF. He is very responsive to bug fixes, enhancement requests, CSS pedants (Hi Brogan). Do it, you will not be disappointed.

On a side note that is the first time in my forum career I think I have ever endorsed and recommended a developer other than my beloved SheepCow. Wow. (anyway, must go back to building EMC VNX sans, ESXi hosts on UCS)

Christ, 7 seconds? :p

Seriously folks, use common sense, you need a gallery? Purchase it now and save the money. Chris is committed to this addon along with other people to make it the best gallery addon for XF. He is very responsive to bug fixes, enhancement requests, CSS pedants (Hi Brogan). Do it, you will not be disappointed.

+1. I don't know why everyone's having such an issue with this. You want to get in before the price increase? Suck it up and buy it now.

I bought it before the price increase just because I know I will use it after it has an importer and wanted to help fund the development. I will probably buy another one for a new site I am planning to launch next year that will strip most of the forum stuff with noforo and just use this :D

This was my review. I don't make a habit of making reviews on add-ons, but this gallery is an exception. Its very well written, superbly supported and integrates exceptionally well. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it implemented as an official addition to XF.

Screen Shot 2013-05-25 at 11.15.32 PM.webp

And if that doesn't convince you, then perhaps the fact that Brogan has put his support behind it, might ;)
If you want a gallery, look no further, there is NO competition, XMG all the way.

I am unable to click full screen from there.

So, it would be easier if it goes automatic full screen and/or a popup appears within the page just like screenshots from the RM

Attachments

• unable.webp
    unable.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 7
Clicking full screen for videos works on that page - you can test it at the XMG website.

Assuming you have the options set correctly.

I am testing this before I decide to purchase it. I know if I clicked on the middle icon. It will take me to another page. However, is there a way to make it full screen within the page where all those thumbnails are at?

I can't even select the full screen button.

That must be a browser or YouTube issue as I can click full screen myself, no problem.

One issue would be the size of the thumbnail, but this is adjustable using Style Properties / Options.

Also, there's an option to turn the video previews off completely so that clicking on a video thumbnail just takes you directly to the video page (the same as if you click the title of the video).

It's not quite what you wanted to do, but that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom