Xen Foro For Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benchtech

Hello there,

I am currently a student (16 years of age) and currently run my forum on Simple Machines, it's a fairly small site but I'm looking to move to something more powerful like this, the trouble is it's a lot for someone with not much income, do you offer any student discounts or something similar?

Hello there,

I am currently a student (16 years of age) and currently run my forum on Simple Machines, it's a fairly small site but I'm looking to move to something more powerful like this, the trouble is it's a lot for someone with not much income, do you offer any student discounts or something similar?

I'm sorry but there are no discounts. The prices you see are already competitively priced against other premium solutions presently available.

Yeah a student version would help alot. Even a discounted version for students would help. I want to start a minecraft site for my server and I'm forced to use phpbb because I can't afford xenforo. Wish I could.

phpBB isn't a bad solution considering it's free, as for the student discount, this isn't a University Store so how would they even verify you're a student? I know the student stores give discounts on software but cmon guys... lol :)

How much is a minecraft server ?
Depends, if you have the right hardware and internet connection, you can run a successful one from home, or on a VPS (you can get cheap ones of those which'll run a MC server from $15+).. or on a dedicated solution (usually $75+).

As with everything it all depends on how much you want to spend, what quality you want to get and how many players you want to fit on your server.

Why would XenForo want to offer students a discount? Apart from lower their income what benefit does it provide to XenForo? Nil, Nada, Nothing, Zilch, Zippo.

If you want the best software, pay for it like the rest of us ;)

Phpbb doesn't have the modern feel I want like xenforo but it is pretty good for free. They could have the student software like how autodesk does theirs.
not for nothing..but

Autodesk: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/769397/000119312511071209/d10k.htm
Revenue
11px-Increase2.svg.png
US$1.952 billion (FY 2011)
Employees 6,800 (January 2011)

Slightly different company size....can't really compare what one can do to what the other can...

Phpbb doesn't have the modern feel I want like xenforo but it is pretty good for free. They could have the student software like how autodesk does theirs.
XF is better than any other paid solution (at least in my opinion) and it's cheap. You know a good servers yearly cost is more than the cost of XF. Now go compare that with VB package.

You can count XF as an investment, and monetize it smartly. But a student version is not going to help XF that much. As Slavik said, XF gets nothing out of student version where as software's that are used by students (Example: Adobe products) can make a profit with student editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom