XF 2.2 X.com no longer embedding

eaststandboy

Hello

Up until maybe yesterday links to Tweets were appearing fine when posted, but now they are just blank.

Any idea?

Known issue addressed in the next release (both .14 and 2.3).
There are numerous other discussions about tweet embedding since Musk changed to 𝕏.

Does this mean anything here? Found this from the 8th.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

https:// twitter.com/Live/status/1733197678706852095/photo/2

Last edited:
Reactions: FTL
Just to add to this, and maybe someone can throw some light on why this is happening so I may explain it to my users. In my case some users can see the link, and it’s embedded and unfurled correctly, whilst other users (myself included) just see a blank post.

Eg. Some see this

IMG_3895.webp
While others see this

IMG_3899.webp

Sure, I get the issue between x.com and Twitter.com as explained in the other threads but I don’t understand why some users see the link and others don’t 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Xenforo version 2.2.13

I'm somewhat confused.

This is working on some other sites now that commonly embed tweets. See the following article:
I confirmed a few hours ago that this site was not able to display tweets.

Tweets are working on the XF demo and my XenForo 2.2 dev environment now. Still broken here though:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can anyone confirm if the previously not-loading tweets are now loading for them?

I think we'll move to oEmbed for embedding tweets in XF 2.3 which I have tested locally and can roll out here later, but trying to figure out if this is still a problem or if it's actually fixed now.

Last edited:
If you google twitter outages they are all over the place, for instance

Screenshot (50).webp

Even when they load they are slow as hell

I remember reading that musk needs way more capacity and when servers get to that point the embedding is the first to go but I read of another outage yesterday as well.

So I don't think there is a real solution right now because whenever I check my site it loads but then for some reason it stops. The links under the embedded tweets seem to work so at least there is engagement.

As far as working for some and not for others.... that is classic overloaded servers

tweet in this post loads now.

not sure if oembed has been implemented or it is the regular embed code.

Top Bottom