Resource icon

WYSIWYG Page Editor 0.9.2

No permission to download
Any jingle ? :)

Anyone using this ?

I am using it and no jingle yet.

The issue is, since this is straight XF BBCode, this will only work for the most basic of pages.
Pages with TDs and SCRIPT tags are not possible...

So simple pages with a few images insert are the max you can do with this - so far.

Maybe xfrocks will improve the script once the future is more defined...

I am using it
How's it working out ?

What do you have to use the AdminCP for ? Is it all done in the AdminCP ?

The issue is, since this is straight XF BBCode, this will only work for the most basic of pages.
Pages with TDs and SCRIPT tags are not possible...

What about with cedric's TinyMCE editor tweaks ?

So simple pages with a few images insert are the max you can do with this - so far.
Maybe xfrocks will improve the script once the future is more defined...

How's it working out ?

What do you have to use the AdminCP for ? Is it all done in the AdminCP ?

What about with cedric's TinyMCE editor tweaks ?

AdminCP - to disable editing for pages with script tags and other non-BBCode type items.
(pages support full HTML - this uses XF BBCode - so if you edit a page with HTML code, this will erase it)

TinyMCE does not help this addon.

This addon allows you to create a VERY basic page with images and text. Not much more than that.
You can do centering and other formatting, but its a bit tempermental.

I am hopefull xfrocks will relook at this addon later on.

Seems like it might be better to:
(1) If you want a page ... make a thread ... just like in a regular forum.
(2) Use Xenforo's ability to custom style a node. Make the Post look like the page you want.
(3) use Jake's Nodes as Tabs to put the "thread" custom page where you want it.
(4) leave the ability to reply to the thread page if desired.

Keep in mind, this was put together a while back and my desire was to provide an ability for a "non-admin" to update a basic page.
I used "pages" because I like the format of XF pages over using a forum entry or ewporta article, etc...

However, the downside to using pages is only an "admin" can log into admincp and make the changes.

I wanted a way for nonadmin to make simple edits/updates... for example a restaurant price change or something similar.

Maybe not the best solution for your paticular use/case scenario but worked for me.

Page doesn't support BbCode, that's correct. However, this editor doesn't save BbCode, it saves the HTML output (after doing a BbCode parse in the server, on page save).

This happens because of a bug in the rendering. Basically, XenForo CSS overrides <ul> and <ol> list among other things, new version has been sent to Cory Booth to release which will make the HTML display correctly. This is just a display bug, not a functional/design problem (if you inspect the HTML, it should be correct).

No, we use a CSS reset. A CSS class can be applied to re-add the default styles.

It will only work if pages accept Bb Codes. I've never tried, so I'm not sure. If yes, it shouldn't be a problem.

1) Copy the js/tinymce/plugins/advtoolbar directory inside the new TinyMCE plugin directory of this addon
2) Edit this addon TinyMce init config:
  • add this plugin name: advtoolbar
  • add the buttons names to the line you want to: adv_bimg, adv_article, adv_encadre, adv_fieldset, adv_spoiler, adv_accordion, adv_latex, adv_gview, adv_picasa, adv_premium, adv_premium2, adv_private, adv_private2, adv_justif
  • add the phrases included in Sedo_AdvBBcodeBar_Listener_Templates_EditorPhrases
  • to a full integration add the parameters of the function initParams() of the file Sedo_AdvBBcodeBar_Listener_Templates_AdvBar
The Js and css shouldn't be a problem if they are activated globally.

Sorry I don't have more time to check this.

Just to check, are you using the XenForo TinyMCE Editor templates or a new instance of the editor to support html?
The builtin templates are used.
'
And I got this interface after installing your add-on.

Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 12.53.51 PM.webp

All the buttons work but none of them are rendered correctly upon page save. I skimmed through the add-on code but failed to understand how the bbcode is supposed to be used, help?

Top Bottom