1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Wrong users count after importing from phpBB

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Soyuz, May 4, 2015.

1. Soyuz

Soyuz Member

Hello there! This is my first post :)

I have successfully converted an old phpBB 3.0 forum to Xenforo. Well, almost. All seems to be OK: forums, threads, posts, users... but the original forum had around 131.069 users and now Xenforo shows "13.539" in the Statistics block. If I go to the users table, I see 131.131 rows, so it seems that the users are there, really.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are all of the members valid?

XenForo doesn't include banned, etc. accounts in the count.

3. Soyuz

Soyuz Member

That's fast, thank you.

Well, that's something I was wondering about just now. I'm taking a look at user groups and it seems that the majority of users have been migrated with no groups assigned at all.

Is there a way to set all users as valid and registered users (excluding banned users)? Seems like a solomonic and practical solution.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can use the Batch Update Users function in the ACP.

5. Soyuz

Soyuz Member

Thank you! I've been messing around with that tool and I'm afraid it's not that easy. I was confusing primary and secondary groups; in fact, every user I'm checking seems to be registered (primary group) & valid.

Do you know exactly what kind of users are excluded from the statistics count, apart from banned ones?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The total user count is literally:
    Code:
    user_state = 'valid' AND is_banned = 0
    So one of those must not be the case for most users.

7. Soyuz

Soyuz Member

Now it's clear. 117591 banned users :D Time for a general amnesty... Thank you very much!