Not a bug Wrap code bbcode to selected text

imthebest

Don't know if a bug or as designed but if I select some text and then click on the "Code" icon in the editor I'm still required to write again the code that I have previously selected on the textbox and if I leave it empty then the code bbcode is inserted but the text that I had selected is gone.

This doesn't happen with Quote, Spoiler nor Strike-through. And well, this is odd.

Firefox 27.0.1 - Win7

Don't know if a bug or as designed but if I select some text and then click on the "Code" icon in the editor I'm still required to write again the code that I have previously selected on the textbox and if I leave it empty then the code bbcode is inserted but the text that I had selected is gone.

This doesn't happen with Quote, Spoiler nor Strike-through. And well, this is odd.

Firefox 27.0.1 - Win7

Confirmed.
With IE it does not happen.

IE Sucks comes from the inner web developer. I despise that browser with a burning passion. I believe the Chrome behavior of not wrapping is correct. I'm fairly sure I've seen that posted by Mike or Kier somewhere.

The design of this function is different, mostly relating to the lack of formatting and specific behavior changes to whitespace that happens in code when added via the text box on the overlay. There's a suggestion about this behavior here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-highlighted-text-to-code-bbcode.67262/

I also can't reproduce any difference in behavior between IE and other browsers. That doesn't appear to be related to the initial bug report, so if you are seeing a different behavior, please report a new bug with all the necessary details.

Top Bottom