World of WarCraft gets new life!

I think its fine. Leveling has been trivialized so much already that even new players fail to find any challenge or learn anything during leveling. There is a huge thread on EU forums about that: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8427632869

And instant level 90 is only for one character, not all of them.

To be honest im not complaining, we carry 5 people spending anywhere between £300-£1000 a week to come into our Heroic SoO clears and get loot / achievements.

Not a bad little earner for 4-5 hours a week ;)

I like the idea of getting an instant 90. Already levelled 3 toons to 90 and would like to try some new classes, but can't be bothered to grind through everything again. I tried for awhile but it was tedious.

When I started WOW there were always players levelling. It was easy to group up for quests and you could always find things (mats, gear) you needed in the auction house. Now there's hardly anyone at lower levels which makes levelling up a serious drag.

Besides, even if you get a toon at 90, there's still so much to do. If you want to raid in MOP you're going to have a lot of work to do before you're geared enough. And if you start levelling to 100 it's also going to require a lot of work. So it's not really buying your way to the top - it's just removing all the tedious stuff to get to a good starting point (a level 90 with modest gear).

Pay to win is a horrible idea.

It's no different than the paid AH in D3 which everyone agrees was an epic failure. The only difference is in the delivery. WoW is smartly pay-winning their game very slowly. "Slowly" is the only way to boil a frog, but the end result is the same. The frog dies.

I played it to level 10ish, then stopped, tried it again a few years later, but stopped
The constant grind just bored the hell out of me heh.
But, everyone is different and it's none of my business what people spend their money on. heh

When WoW came out I was still playing EverQuest II. I just preferred the graphics.

After that, I played some other types of games but ultimately went back to the MMORPG scene with Aion. Aion had the best graphics then. The graphics still rival most of the new generation stuff coming out today including, EverQuest Next.

On top of that it has probably the best music I've ever heard in a game.

Heck this is the latest character creation music... wtf!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I always thought about WoW, but I could never get into the cartoonish style.

When WoW came out I was still playing EverQuest II. I just preferred the graphics.

After that, I played some other types of games but ultimately went back to the MMORPG scene with Aion. Aion had the best graphics then. The graphics still rival most of the new generation stuff coming out today including, EverQuest Next.
So there are other people playing Aion:)

I'm playing it on and off for a couple of years now, simply because it's probably one of the most solid MMOs out there. Awesome visuals on top of very solid game mechanics, decent PvE (though, Aion *is* a PvP game in its heart, so the PvE content won't satisfy hardcore PvE raiders and instance junkies), fast paced gameplay and excellent PvP combat.

Character customization is top of the line, no other MMO comes even close. There are so many ways to customize a character that you won't ever find another one that looks like yours, unless you use some of the default presets, which a lot of people do, because they're too lazy to spend 2 hours with shaping the face and body of a new character.

On top of that it has probably the best music I've ever heard in a game.
After Lord of the Rings online, which has just a really, really epic soundtrack.

Yeah I played Aion for quite a while. I think I still have 700 million Kinah on my account. I quit shortly after 4.0 released though because I wasn't too impressed with the new Songweaver and I wanted to focus in my EverQuest site.

Top Bottom