Wordpress + Xenforo Bridge

I spoke to the owner of Amember and you can use it to sync fully between wordpress and Xenforo or (Xenforo without wordpress at all). This is useful if you want to just run a paid forum, or you can use some of the addons like XenPorta and almost have all the functionalities of a CMS with the benefit of the Xenforo alerts and an integrated search and user profile avatars to ALL of your content. Here's what he said:

Thank you for interest to our software!

aMember Pro does not depend on Wordpress and may be used without Wordpress. It is possible to setup a paid forum with aMember + Xenforo without any third-party scripts.

Wordpress shortcodes are not available in XenForo. How will it work:
- user will sign-up (and optionally pay) via aMember (we will help to setup redirect);
- on signup aMember will create user in XenForo and assign configured usergroup to it;
- you may setup special XenForo usergroup (for example: "Paid Users") and give them more
permissions (they can view special closed forums, etc.). It is all can be done in XenForo
admin panel where you configure permissions for usergroups.
- when subscription expires, aMember will revoke that special usergroup and assign user
to "default" usergroup, so they lose access to advanced features, or (if you wish)
they will loose access to the forum at all.

- there is one restriction of XenForo integration - every user may have only one usergroup
at a time. So user might be either "Paid" (or "Silver" , or "Gold" if you decide to setup
several access levels), but user may not have several usergroups in Xenforo at once. For
most installations it is not a problem.

Alex Scott

I spoke to the owner of Amember and you can use it to sync fully between wordpress and Xenforo or (Xenforo without wordpress at all). This is useful if you want to just run a paid forum, or you can use some of the addons like XenPorta and almost have all the functionalities of a CMS with the benefit of the Xenforo alerts and an integrated search and user profile avatars to ALL of your content. Here's what he said:

You're paying about 180 + 40 dollars for a software that you'll only be using to integrate wordpress and xenForo. On top of that, amember will now be handling all your members which means that you'll be learning how to use yet another piece of software. Amember is based around premium membership more than it is about integration, if you're buying amember just for the integration part of it, I feel that it's a complete waste of your money. You'll be paying about 220 dollars and won't even be using the features it's really known for.

Hey guys,

I am thinking about paying a developer to create a bridge for wordpress and xenforo. The bridges that I see now are lacking some things that I want.

• Login widget, or at least a login bar that can be added to your main wordpress wordpress site like xenforo has.
  • Make wordpress the "master"
    • I hear that xenforo is the "master" when taking registered users and do not add users to the wordpress database, therefore not allowing users to use some of the other wordpress plugins.
  • There some other things, but the list can go on forever.....

But please do add your comments, add ons, critiques, and whatever else you have about this. This is just my opinion and my thread. So please if you have anything bad to say, keep it to yourself.

I just posted in another thread about my setup.

I use Wordpress + Xenforo + aMember on my peer support network. aMember handles the subscription system and has some really neat features

Let me know if you have any more questions on how you can make it work, i don't mind helping with some pointers. It was mostly straight forward but support from here and from aMember is great :)

There might be something in the works for wordpress and xenForo, simple user integration with avatar sync. The user being created on the wordpress side, and xenForo handling the registrations.

I was trying to find a reliable developer for a good price. The guy who i was going to go with wanted close to $2,500 and that's not something i can just pull out my pocket. Probably because I wanted a lot of features. I even contacted the developer of wp-united and he wanted a few thousand. Luckily you found someone though.

I was trying to find a reliable developer for a good price. The guy who i was going to go with wanted close to $2,500 and that's not something i can just pull out my pocket. Probably because I wanted a lot of features. I even contacted the developer of wp-united and he wanted a few thousand. Luckily you found someone though.

That's absurd. Well maybe not, I didn't see the features you wanted.

Just promise me, you wont bail on the bridge after its developed lol

Since I'll be actively using it for my site, it's unlikely i'll bail on it like other developers of the previous bridges. Whenever it stops working, I'll have to figure out how to fix it, or pay someone to do it for me. In either case the bridge will always work and will be updated whenever xenForo or wordpress are updated and break it. As for addition of new features, I can't promise that. I am hoping to pay the developer maybe a little more money to develop an API that I can work with, which may help me further develop the bridge.

I wanted a crap load! LOL (theme integration was biggest cost) also wanted a few widgets... (recent topics, recent category topics) (specialized login widget) and a few more lol.... I was going all out with it.

And that's awesome. That's what I like to hear. The good thing about your plugin not being so complex with so many features is that it shouldn't be to hard to update. When you sell the plugin, just make sure you include that you will most likely not add any features so you don't get bugged everyday/all day about adding some.

whats the estimated date, if you know?

I wanted a crap load! LOL (theme integration was biggest cost) also wanted a few widgets... (recent topics, recent category topics) (specialized login widget) and a few more lol.... I was going all out with it.

And that's awesome. That's what I like to hear. The good thing about your plugin not being so complex with so many features is that it shouldn't be to hard to update. When you sell the plugin, just make sure you include that you will most likely not add any features so you don't get bugged everyday/all day about adding some.

whats the estimated date, if you know?

Will do. As for the estimated release date, it should be by this week or early next week.

Top Bottom