Resource icon

WordPress get Last Forum Posts 1.4.0

No permission to download
What do you put in for when your forum is on the root domain?

What is your config file root path supposed to look when your forum is on the root domain?

That's all I need to figure out to get this working because it's not working for me.

The widget runs correctly? and the links are broken, or the widget doesn't run at all?

If you are in root, i.e. something like
/home/yourusername/www/index.php
then you should be able to just put in a "/" or maybe "../" depending were the WordPress install is relative to your root and forums directory.

PM me a link to your website and I can double check. Thanks

The widget runs correctly? and the links are broken, or the widget doesn't run at all?

If you are in root, i.e. something like
/home/yourusername/www/index.php
then you should be able to just put in a "/" or maybe "../" depending were the WordPress install is relative to your root and forums directory.

PM me a link to your website and I can double check. Thanks
I don't have a www folder, just a public_html

I have my Wordpress installation in root and Xenforo forums in a subdomain called Community. Therefore, what would I need to enter inorder for this to work?

Great one - thanks for your fine work. Though would it be possible to make the posts link to the post in the Xenforum - opening in a new window? When I click a post an wordpress (can't finde page) site shows up?

All the best
Morten

Hi DD - this one shows the Forum posts on the WP-blog and not the other way around:(
I have already tried it;)

I have my Wordpress installation in root and Xenforo forums in a subdomain called Community. Therefore, what would I need to enter inorder for this to work?
In the WordPress admin control panel -->Settings-->Last Posts

I would suggest the following.
Database ConnectionSQL
Forum Domain /Community/
Forum Directory /var/www/Community/library/config.php

most webhosts are on linux and are case sensitive, so be sure it is Community or community.

I wanted to try this out but I can't get Wordpress 3.3.1 working with Xenscripts Xenforo bridge to even bother. Can't wait till that's udpated.

I wanted to try this out but I can't get Wordpress 3.3.1 working with Xenscripts Xenforo bridge to even bother. Can't wait till that's udpated.
Not sure what the Xenscripts - Xenforo Bridge does; but the requirements for this are
WordPress >= v 2.8; although everyone should run WordPress > 3.0
mysql >= 5.1
php >= 5.2

Great one - thanks for your fine work. Though would it be possible to make the posts link to the post in the Xenforum - opening in a new window? When I click a post an wordpress (can't finde page) site shows up?

All the best
Morten
You would need to edit the code to make this happen;
in the file cls/cls_getlastposts.php

on line 177 change from
PHP:
return (self::$userOptions['forumDomain'] . "index.php?threads/" .  str_replace(self::$arr_Needle, self::$arr_NewValue, $currentValue). "." . $id ."/" );

to
PHP:
return (self::$userOptions['forumDomain'] . "index.php?threads/" .  str_replace(self::$arr_Needle, self::$arr_NewValue, $currentValue). "." . $id ."/  target='_blank'" );

You would need to edit the code to make this happen;
in the file cls/cls_getlastposts.php

on line 177 change from
DON'T change that line. My mistake.
The correct line to change is

same file cls/cls_getlastposts.php
line 159
from
PHP:
$html_Lnk    = New Link(array("href"=>$scrubbedTitle, "text"=>substr($feRow['title'],0,self::$userOptions["forumThreadLen"])));
to
PHP:
$html_Lnk    = New Link(array("href"=>$scrubbedTitle, "target"=>"_blank",  "text"=>substr($feRow['title'],0,self::$userOptions["forumThreadLen"])));

Thanks for your help.
It still doesn't work.

I edited the file inside wordpress from the Admin Control Panel.
I told you to edit the wrong line, I posted the correction above.

additionally make sure under the options you have the forum domain set as follows
Forum Domain /
forum/
then you will get a link that looks like the following
<a href="http://hilmer-koch.dk/forum/index.php?threads/del-en-fotooplevelse-med-os-og-vind-en-ground-pod.576/" target="_blank">Del en fotooplevelse med os</a>

If you still have an issue then let me know; I will help you out.
Thanks

Perfect(y)

I added your code and used the ../ before the forum ( I have a homepage ind the root and then a /blog and a /forum )
I used it in combination with the wonderful ProPhoto theme for wordpress and eventhough it skipped the details about answers and so - it looks very clean and work perfect. You can se it here in the upper left side - the first one. (still working on the style)

Thanks again for your help

Top Bottom