Resource icon

WordPress get Last Forum Posts 1.4.0

No permission to download
Every time the page is loaded the query is run to populate the table.
HOWEVER depending on how you defined items in the WordPress settings new posts that will not show up in the WordPress widget when
  • a user on the forum has less than X posts
  • the node is being excluded
  • the member's usergroup is being excluded
You can test it by posting a message yourself, ensure the message shows up in the forum; and then check your WordPress page.

If the widget has any information, it most likely is working. When I looked at your site before everything looked correct.

thats strange.

Now I can se three new post in the top box - Resent post in the forum.
On the blog the number 3 thread is still the newest one?

EasyTarget updated WordPress get the Lastest Forum Posts with a new update entry:

Added sidebar widget and other updates and improvements

I added an option to format the table so that it will fit in the sidebar widget.
You can select this option from the WordPress Admin Control Panel.

I added links to the member's names so that it will go the member's profile page.

Additionally I made it so the code base is shared so you can install this widget and the forum stats http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wordpress-display-forum-stats.27508/ widget at the same time.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work EasyTarget. I am keen on using both the latest forum posts and forum online posts plugins.

I'd love for it to use the more simpler wordpress way of posting lists. All wordpress plugins simply use unordered lists for displays recent posts and other lists etc. Your plugins doesn't integrate with the regular theme styling e.g. a simple h3 tag for the widget header etc.

I'd love for it to use the more simpler wordpress way of posting lists. All wordpress plugins simply use unordered lists for displays recent posts and other lists etc. Your plugins doesn't integrate with the regular theme styling e.g. a simple h3 tag for the widget header etc.
It was adopted from something I did for a client. The table layout's was their choice.

IF you want to change things from <div> tags to <ul> / <li> tags the place to do it is
And I am guessing you are trying to use the sidebar widget....
go to the file /cls/cls_sidebartable.php
line #65 //building the divs here
You can update the items in that section.

After you make the changes you would also need to update the file
/styles/style_lastpost.css
to add in your specific .css styles.

If you need any help let me know. If you have a picture of what you would like, I can most likely replicate.

This is a great add-on but how do I only show the latest posts from forum X instead of ALL the forums
You would need to make one change
in the file /qry/qry_lastposts.php
line 36
from
AND node_id NOT IN (" . $userOptions['excludeNodes'] . ")

to

AND node_id IN (" . $userOptions['excludeNodes'] . ")

Then in the WordPress control panel, for the option Exclude Nodes, just list the one forum you want to list. Although the forum can't be a private forum. Private forums are automatically excluded.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks

It was adopted from something I did for a client. The table layout's was their choice.

IF you want to change things from <div> tags to <ul> / <li> tags the place to do it is
And I am guessing you are trying to use the sidebar widget....
go to the file /cls/cls_sidebartable.php
line #65 //building the divs here
You can update the items in that section.

After you make the changes you would also need to update the file
/styles/style_lastpost.css
to add in your specific .css styles.

If you need any help let me know. If you have a picture of what you would like, I can most likely replicate.

Thanks. That would be awesome. Well ideally I'd like something similar to the recent posts section on my blog http://www.wpmods.com/ with the users avatar instead of the wordpress featured image. I'd be happy with just a simple list of recent posts without information like the date and author etc (as it gets a bit crowded).

Thanks. That would be awesome. Well ideally I'd like something similar to the recent posts section on my blog http://www.wpmods.com/ with the users avatar instead of the wordpress featured image. I'd be happy with just a simple list of recent posts without information like the date and author etc (as it gets a bit crowded).

I took a quick look at your site, I am guessing you are looking for something like this...

sample.webp

Where the green splotch, would be where the member's avatar would go?
Correct?

Yeah that would be great. Where member name is the last person to post.
I created the new style, adding the forum avatars.

The reason I don't use the <h3>, <h2> tags is that there are thousands of different styles for WordPress and I am trying to keep things as generic as possible. In the default themes for WordPress the H2, H3 tags are not defined.

Awesome Easy Target. I'll try this out today and let you know how I get on.

Have you thought about uploading this to the WordPress plugin directory?

It works great. Is there an easy way for the widget to work with any sideba i.e. a fluid widget that works with any sidebar width.

Thanks. It doesn't work 100% well on my design (the sidebar is around 300px). I think it's being caused by the rows not extending to the end (disregard the avatar problem as I'm testing the plugin in my test blog which is on the same server but another domain).

Attachments

• forumrecentposts.webp
    forumrecentposts.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 16
You would need to make one change
in the file /qry/qry_lastposts.php
line 36
from
AND node_id NOT IN (" . $userOptions['excludeNodes'] . ")

to

AND node_id IN (" . $userOptions['excludeNodes'] . ")

Then in the WordPress control panel, for the option Exclude Nodes, just list the one forum you want to list. Although the forum can't be a private forum. Private forums are automatically excluded.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks

I changed that line but cant find that option in the WP ACP. I only have these options...

xen_last_topics.webp

Thanks. It doesn't work 100% well on my design (the sidebar is around 300px). I think it's being caused by the rows not extending to the end (disregard the avatar problem as I'm testing the plugin in my test blog which is on the same server but another domain).
ya... For your template, I would adjust the divs width property so that:
Shell: eipWidgetLPShell == 300 px
Thread: eipLPThread == 240px
Name: eipLPUserName == 200px
Date: eipLPDate == 100px

Just guessing I don't have your WordPress template

Top Bottom