WordPress Bridge

ExpertPixels.com

Hey guys..

Ive asked this before and i am sure it's one of the more commonly asked questions going around here... but anyways i need as much feedback as possible on this one, SO Firstly a HUGE THANKS in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply to this.. whether it's just information / general feedback or even replies from people who have attempted this.

I wish to use XF as my forums for my new project, however i need to use WordPress as my main site.. Now here comes my question.........

Is There a Rock Solid Bridge for WP > XF ???

Ive only heard horror stories to date.. and while i am sure there are some WP 2 XF Bridges listed in the XF resource section, I still doubt any of them are completely working / safe to use for a live website..

I could be wrong.. I am just going on about 5 different people ive spoken with (most of them good mates) and still i am yet to hear anyone saying that there is a perfect bridge between the 2 platforms.

Basically i need to use WP to List / Serve my digital products (shopping cart etc) and need to use XF to serve as support forums for my clients.. I need a unified login that enables my users / clients to use both the WP sections of my site and also XF.

Regards, Darren

Cheers but i have a feeling that this is the guy who never seems to be around to provide support to customers... 90% sure this is the one several people i know have tried and the support is appalling, and by the looks of things it's not been updated for almost 9 months WP and XF have both had updates since then.

Cheers anyways tho... Any further assistance on this matter would be of great help.

Regards, Darren

Judging on the products reviews and feedback the product is defective and the support is sucky.. This is what ive managed to gather in less than 5mins of reading his forums / threads... Not being rude but the product has some serious issues.

Judging on the products reviews and feedback the product is defective and the support is sucky.. This is what ive managed to gather in less than 5mins of reading his forums / threads... Not being rude but the product has some serious issues.
That is incorrect, the product works fine. But it doesn't suite your needs Wordpress=>XenForo (meaning take your Wordpress users tables and connect it to XenForo one). It will do the opposite. So don't buy it and wait that the trial is over to see how Wordpress developers react.

The product does not have serious issues. I've used his script for over a year and it is solid.

Basically i am using WP for general guides / tutorials and pages for my products "Premium Designs" for a range of different platforms.. Now i do need the WP comments / Login features of WP to manage the digital products and client downloads etc etc... I would like to XF for support forums and also general webmaster forums etc..

Is it possible to have the one unified login system ? for what i need above ?

Thanks.

Top Bottom