• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

The addon which is being development and calling for help. But sadly, not many people are interested in so I guess I will do it myself.

A mysterious addon ? How do you know if people are/aren't interested ?
This is the first I've heard of it.

Sounds like the Addon should be a paid Addon.
I say get the Bridge working, with a good WP theme that'll make the WP look integrated.
And then the rest should be paid.

A mysterious addon ? How do you know if people are/aren't interested ?
This is the first I've heard of it.

You liked and responded to the post where he was talking about the WP theme and xF Addon.. :confused: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...in-doing-wordpress-templates.6299/#post-91804

Sounds like the Addon should be a paid Addon.
I say get the Bridge working, with a good WP theme that'll make the WP look integrated.
And then the rest should be paid.

xfrocks has stated the add on and theme would be a free mod to the community. While, I would donate money to this cause since xF doesn't have a CMS, why do you think it should be a paid add on?

From your posts I gather you REALLY want a WP theme that looks identical to xF and you want them working seamlessly together, you've pushed for that a lot around the forums, but other than that reason, why make it a paid add on?

Jamie

You liked and responded to the post where he was talking about the WP theme and xF Addon.. :confused: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...in-doing-wordpress-templates.6299/#post-91804

xfrocks has stated the add on and theme would be a free mod to the community. While, I would donate money to this cause since xF doesn't have a CMS, why do you think it should be a paid add on?

From your posts I gather you REALLY want a WP theme that looks identical to xF and you want them working seamlessly together, you've pushed for that a lot around the forums, but other than that reason, why make it a paid add on?

Jamie
Thank you, Jamie ;)

Alot of people want Wordpress and XF.
Those people who want WP and XP, also want them to look as if it is "one site" (ie. work seamlessly).
So, this isn't "just me". Yes, I am knocking on doors, letting people know wants and needs.
Why paid ? I paid $100 for Xenforo. The custom work required to get WP working seems to be worth something.

I also don't mind donating to xfrocks, but he wasn't convinced he could do it.

facepalm.jpg

You realize though that it's going to be hard if not impossible to get it the way you really want it until they make the Home tab a real tab.

Kier has mentioned it's something they will look into, but until this happens, there is only so much that can be done about the home tab linking to the WP area or even the portal app.

Continuing to ask for it over and over and over again isn't going to make it appear any quicker, but that's my opinion. :)

Jamie

Then load up a test site and wp and work on a style that does what you're looking to do. :) I'm no coder or designer, but it's what I am doing and learning as I go..

Sometimes if you want something, 'ya just gotta do it..'

Jamie

Finally got this to work :) but still got some more tests before I can be sure ;)

Some things it needs...

1) unified wp/xf search.
2) unified online users counter and for pages to display in xf online users - or for it at least to say "is browsing main site".
3) integration of wp comments and xf forums.
4) wp widgets to display various different types of xf data (latest posts, top members, most likes, latest poll, etc).

Finally got this to work :) but still got some more tests before I can be sure ;)
Some things it needs...
1) unified wp/xf search.
2) unified online users counter and for pages to display in xf online users - or for it at least to say "is browsing main site".
3) integration of wp comments and xf forums.
4) wp widgets to display various different types of xf data (latest posts, top members, most likes, latest poll, etc).

5. Integrate SELECTED WP Pages in the XF hierarchy - so they appear like forums in the main forumlist.
So if a WP Page is top level (default) or selected, if you want it isn't just linked in the sidebar or top menubar, but sits in the forum list.

I'm doing some work on my theme as well, I'm about halfway done with it, but I moved this weekend so that has been taking most of my time. I may have some more time this week. I'm really hoping to :D

So it's still very much a work in progress, but it pulls all of the CSS from the Xenforo Admin panel, so any changes made there carry over. The header and the navbar are mostly working, need to fix why the selected tab isn't work and also need to make the hovers work on the navbar, but it's getting there :)

In the end I hope to have this be seemless and have the wordpress theme completely drive from the XF backend.

http://dev.shadowedsoul.net

The Home Tab isn't a real Tab, I don't know what selected Tab you are talking about.
You'd be better to make your own tab called Home and hide the stock Home tab.

Sounds exciting though :)

This plugin has just been updated to version 2.0 and a new addon created by me has also been released: WordPress Proxy. Please note that this plugin can be used independently from that addon ;)

The way new registration goes to wp_users looks wrong since all registration should be done in XenForo. I think there's something wrong with your installation. Please send me your URL via Convo and I will come by and see ;)
I did...no response...

installed the 2.0 version this morning, and as soon as a new user attempts to register, it again locks up my Admin access.

The way new registration goes to wp_users looks wrong since all registration should be done in XenForo. I think there's something wrong with your installation. Please send me your URL via Convo and I will come by and see ;)
What happens to members that are already registered on Xenforo, do they automatically get added to the WP users database when they log in?

I did...no response...

installed the 2.0 version this morning, and as soon as a new user attempts to register, it again locks up my Admin access.
I went to your site, it looks fine. Can you send me an administrative account? Via Convo please :D

What happens to members that are already registered on Xenforo, do they automatically get added to the WP users database when they log in?
Yes

I went to your site, it looks fine. Can you send me an administrative account? Via Convo please :D

Yes
Cool man :)

So that means if one of our bloggers logs into our XF board, I can then make them an "author" in WP and we can continue from there as we did with our other site. Sweet.

I don't suppose anyone knows of an IP.Blog > Wordpress importer.

Or a Subdreamer > Wordpress importer. Would save a lot of time manually moving all our crap.

Top Bottom