Lack of interest Word censor improvements

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kent

Hello hello~

I've a forum running and there are some not-so-nice people advertising their website on it.
I can censor the name of the site no problem, but I noticed certain issues with censors.

For example, if I censor "spammy-spammers" to "Please ban me, I'm an idiot!" it will affect admins as well.
That is more a bother than an actual problem, but if you try searching for "spammy-spammers" you'll end up with something like this:
The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: ban, me, , I'm, an

I don't think admins should be affected by censors, and I think censors should have more options, eg. where each one is applied, and perhaps regex/simple pattern matching as well.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For example, if I censor "spammy-spammers" to "Please ban me, I'm an idiot!" it will affect admins as well.
The admins must be smarter,use instead "spammy_spammers"
Well,users might find it out and use the same or similar words such as "spammmy-spammers"...
On the end censors would become useless.

Censors stop most common bots and send a message to legitimate users, that the topic they've tried to discuss is not allowed.
(Also having links to spam sites/rival sites negatively affects SEO)

Top Bottom