Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

I'll definitely purchase a license however i don't think that i like the idea of a reactivation license fee.

Well, when you reactivate you're getting the benefit of their R&D during the time your license was inactive. They could in theory backcharge you $40/year to get you back to current. The reactivation fee seems like a pretty fair compromise to me, especially with the generous grace period they allow. :)

I'll definitely purchase a license however i don't think that i like the idea of a reactivation license fee.

For me it will depend how much it is... I think it is a good idea to have a reactivation fee as it is a great annoyance when someone purchases, then doesn't renew for 2years but can renew for the same as the person who renews every year.. and after all the reactivation only applies if licence is expired over 9months they said... but again for me it would depend on the cost of said reactivation fee...

How come I think it makes sense and is fair, for example.

User 1 buys it on the day and pays $40 per year, four years later version 3 is released. User 1 has paid $220

User 2 buys it on the day but doesn't pay $40 a year, four years later at version 3 they decide to upgrade. User 2 has paid $140.

Both User 1 & User 2 have version 3 but User 2 has paid $80 less for exactly the same product. Also in effect User 2 hasn't been supporting Kier & Mike to make that product.

User 1 buys it on the day and pays $40 per year, four years later version 3 is released. User 1 has paid $220

User 2 buys it on the day but doesn't pay $40 a year, four years later at version 3 they decide to upgrade. User 2 has paid $140.

Both User 1 & User 2 have version 3 but User 2 has paid $80 less for exactly the same product. Also in effect User 2 hasn't been supporting Kier & Mike to make that product.
It's much better than the VB way of having to effectively repurchase major updates.

However, User 2 hasn't gotten any updates in the meantime and may be subject to any hacks/script kiddies out there and will come whining to the forum about his forum being hacked and why? 

Top Bottom