Won't install on Windows and Wamp

Ajaxboy

I tried to install it several times, and get an error on step 2 of the installation process.

Get this error:

Error

You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

The database was empty right before going to the 2nd step, and the tables were created right before the error.

Ok, this issue is beginning to make me angry: I simply cannot reproduce this at all under any WAMP/WIMP conditions.

Can you tell me the following information:

Apache Version
PHP Version
MySQL Version

How the web stack was installed.

I get that on my fairly outdated WAMP dev server setup consisting of MySQL 5.0.51, Apache 2.2.8 and PHP 5.2.9-2.

About time I replaced all that crap with a proper up to date nginx+fastcgi setup.

I tried to install it several times, and get an error on step 2 of the installation process.

Get this error:

Error

You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

The database was empty right before going to the 2nd step, and the tables were created right before the error.

We need the error log.
You should manually drop all tables, install again then get the error log and post here

This is a well-known issue with Wamp. You can either try with a different setup, or wait until beta 2 which has a fix.

Do you offer any quick patch?, or any tip on what file to look into get passed that point?. or Do I have to wait until beta 2 is out? I was already getting excited to see if I get involved with the addon system.

The problem is deep within a few files. As an alternative, you should be able to use something like Zend Server Community Edition.

Beta 2 will be available this week.

Ok I see.. I am new to Xenforo, and a friend of mine introduced me to it. It took me a few days, and seeing it working before I could decide to look into it. I have been using WAMP, for like 3 years now, and has never let me down as server per see, that is why I wanted to see if I could still get it working on it. I usually don't download a bunch of servers and just to get something working, but I just downloaded zendServer, and will try it out. And will go from there. Thanks for the suggestion though, I might try it if nothing else works just for curiosity. :)

Oh wait, are you saying Ventrigo will work, and zendServer won't?

Ok I see.. I am new to Xenforo, and a friend of mine introduced me to it. It took me a few days, and seeing it working before I could decide to look into it. I have been using WAMP, for like 3 years now, and has never let me down as server per see, that is why I wanted to see if I could still get it working on it. I usually don't download a bunch of servers and just to get something working, but I just downloaded zendServer, and will try it out. And will go from there. Thanks for the suggestion though, I might try it if nothing else works just for curiosity. :)

Oh wait, are you saying vertigo will work, and zendServer won't?
Zendserver, vertigo, WAMP ... they are all the same thing (they use Apache MySQL)... configuration is different though ...

and yes don't be installing different servers :D before you try the next make sure you uninstall the previous :D

Zendserver, vertigo, WAMP ... they are all the same thing (they use Apache MySQL)... configuration is different though ...

and yes don't be installing different servers :D before you try the next make sure you uninstall the previous :D

Yeah, I understand they are all the same , but I am sure not many developers like switching their favorite tools :D specially if things work well there

And I actually test my own app on Wamp, and (remotely)Linux. So I don't think I would permanently would get rid of WAMP, and might as well wait for the beta to come out. But I am the kind of person that just can't wait! for something cool :)

I know what you mean.... but I am sure if you do a little bit of testing on WAMP you can get things sort out, it has been pretty stable. I haven't use IIS in like so many years, is so old school :p

I seriously suggest you do give IIS7.5 a shot. Microsoft really did a good job with the latest IIS to run PHP. Apache does not stand a chance (if you take the money part out of the equation :D)

I seriously suggest you do give IIS7.5 a shot. Microsoft really did a good job with the latest IIS to run PHP. Apache does not stand a chance (if you take the money part out of the equation :D)

The thing is that I don't' care too much about windows other than just getting things correctly working, Wamp, Xamp, zendServe, Vertrigo, should get the job done, Wamp on my case. Not really looking for anything fancy on windows, unless I was a ASAP.net guy :D, I have worked for known php-software companies, and they used Wamp also :) surprise

Top Bottom