[WMTech] User Blocking System

[WMTech] User Blocking System [Paid] 1.0.3

No permission to buy ($39.00)
wmtech updated [WMTech] User Blocking System with a new update entry:

v1.0.2: New Feature & Wordaround For Bug In XFMG, PHP 7 Compatibility

> Version 1.0.2 <
New Features & Wordaround For Bug In XFMG, PHP 7 Compatibility

This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

NEW: Auto-Unfollow if a blocked member follows the blocking member (and vice versa)

NEW: Workaround for a bug in XFMG (ignore is not respected in search)

NEW: PHP 7 Compatibility

Upgrade Instructions:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Excellent thank you so much! This is a seriously good update.
We found a bug where followers were still following after blocking and worse still; in XFMG you could still search members photos and view them after a complete block.

So I am really grateful for all of your help on your site and your swift responses in fixing the bugs. :)
Thank you.

@wmtech one of my users noticed that he can see likes added by a user he is blocking.

We are using Luke's "Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level" add-on.

Is this something that should be getting blocked, if not can you add it?

Also, he wants to know if there is any chance that you could add an option to allow users to basically hide any post that contains a quote of a blocked user. I mentioned that would mean that he wouldn't be able to see if the quoting user did multi-qoutes, including possibly quoting or directing comments at himself, but he's pretty adamant that he doesn't want to be reminded that the blocked user even exists.

Note we are on Xenforo 1.4.8

Thanks

Can the price be $15 instead? Seems way too much.

Our plugin price depends on the time we needed to code the add-on (the number of lines in the code) and our costs for it. The price even raises if the code grows significantly with a new version. We offer a 50% discount ($39) if the buyer is willing to place a small branding notice at his site.

We are a registered, tax-paying company offering professionaly coded and maintained products for professional site owners. We think the price is more than reasonable for the features offered and the costs involved to code it.

We are using Luke's "Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level" add-on.

If you use third party add-ons, we cannot guarantee our add-on to work as expected. The add-ons guaranteed to work are listed in the decription of this plugin.

If you want a certain third party add-on covered, please open a support ticket at our site and give us details of your problem. If we find an easy way to cover this add-on, we may add it in the next version free of charge. If it is complicated (or not needed by most of our customers) you may need custom development.

Sometimes a third party add-on not working with this plugin does not respect the default XenForo ignore feature. We consider this as a bug with the other add-on rather than ours. You can test it with deactivating our add-on and ignoring a member. If you can see the like of the ignored member in the other add-on that would be a bug with them.

lso, he wants to know if there is any chance that you could add an option to allow users to basically hide any post that contains a quote of a blocked user. I mentioned that would mean that he wouldn't be able to see if the quoting user did multi-qoutes, including possibly quoting or directing comments at himself, but he's pretty adamant that he doesn't want to be reminded that the blocked user even exists.

Our ad-on does not show any quote of blocked members. The answer of a member not being blocked will be shown (without the quote). If you want any posts containing (already invisible) qoutes of blocked members hidden, even if the member writing the post is not blocked, this would require custom development as this is way over the scope of our add-on.

Last edited:
If you use third party add-ons, we cannot guarantee our add-on to work as expected. The add-ons guaranteed to work are listed in the decription of this plugin.

If you want a certain third party add-on covered, please open a support ticket at our site and give us details of your problem. If we find an easy way to cover this add-on, we may add it in the next version free of charge. If it is complicated (or not needed by most of our customers) you may need custom development.

Sometimes a third party add-on not working with this plugin does not respect the default XenForo ignore feature. We consider this as a bug with the other add-on rather than ours. You can test it with deactivating our add-on and ignoring a member. If you can see the like of the ignored member in the other add-on that would be a bug with them.

Our ad-on does not show any quote of blocked members. The answer of a member not being blocked will be shown (without the quote). If you want any posts containing (already invisible) qoutes of blocked members hidden, even if the member writing the post is not blocked, this would require custom development as this is way over the scope of our add-on.
Thanks, this was pretty much as I expected but told the user that I would ask. We have also discovered that the BD Widget Framework also shows blocked users which again doesn't surprise me.

Update: Both the core Xenforo software and the BD Widgets actually do not filter out ignored users so I'll pick this up with them.

Thanks for the responses.

Can the price be $15 instead? Seems way too much.
Honestly?
Wow.. I was and am more than happy to pay for this, and have done the minute it came around as it's a quality add-on and essential for some sites.
Considering how advanced it actually is, 40 US Dollars is not a lot tbh.

Another excellent update guys. :)
Have also submitted a request for a possible feature, which could be very handy for my site/community.
We're a very busy site and I'd appreciate it if you would possibly consider adding the custom request for us. Many thanks and keep up the excellent work on sorting bugs et al. ;)

We've used this for quite some time now, and it's a shame there are now so many minor glitches, but huge gaps/flaws with Xenforo Media Gallery.
Hopefully the staff here at Xenforo are able to work with wmtech and get this resolved.

We've used this for quite some time now, and it's a shame there are now so many minor glitches, but huge gaps/flaws with Xenforo Media Gallery.
Hopefully the staff here at Xenforo are able to work with wmtech and get this resolved.

XFMG already confirmed the template problem with the ignore feature. It will be fixed with the next XFMG update.

We have some long threads on our forum. If the OP became upset with a participant of the thread and blocked them, I assume that the blocked user would be unable to access the thread going forward, essentially giving the OP the ability to thread ban. Is that correct?

I'm a huge fan of your other addons, and I'm annoyed on your behalf to see complaints about pricing. Whatever you need to charge to make it worthwhile to continue maintaining your addons seems fair to me.

We have some long threads on our forum. If the OP became upset with a participant of the thread and blocked them, I assume that the blocked user would be unable to access the thread going forward, essentially giving the OP the ability to thread ban. Is that correct?

If the creator of a thread blocks another user, this user won't see the thread anymore in the forum listing. You can see it as a thread ban.

However, if he remembers the url of the thread (maybe from browser history), he can access it writing this url manually into the browsers address bar, however he won't see any posts written by the thread creator.

@wmtech Fantastic add-on, exactly what I was looking for!

Quick question: Is there a way for Administrators or Moderators to see with a single click in the ACP which users are blocking which other users? And if not, could it be added in future? We have quite a few users who don't bother telling the staff when a user is being disrespectful, and we can't be sure to read 100% of the board 100% of the time :D Having an overview of the most-blocked users would be incredibly handy, because we could then go check that user's post history to see whether anything is amiss in there.

@wmtech Fantastic add-on, exactly what I was looking for!

Quick question: Is there a way for Administrators or Moderators to see with a single click in the ACP which users are blocking which other users? And if not, could it be added in future? We have quite a few users who don't bother telling the staff when a user is being disrespectful, and we can't be sure to read 100% of the board 100% of the time :D Having an overview of the most-blocked users would be incredibly handy, because we could then go check that user's post history to see whether anything is amiss in there.
Agreed gets a vote and a please from us too .. :)

Top Bottom