[WMTech] Link Essentials

[WMTech] Link Essentials [Paid] 1.1.4

No permission to buy ($48.00)
Hmmmm, it does not seem to work even though my Page2Images have "Used API Calls of Period: 2/3,000".

callhistory.webp

I know to use the rest api instead of the normal api.

linkessentialssetting.webp

I have enabled user group from registered and upward to see screenshot preview.

showscreenshotpreviews.webp

I decided to leave it for at least 24 hours in case it just a bit slow due to new account.

Pretty sure I only needed the rest api key and it obviously communicates as the addon take care of that. Are you aware of anything else I might have missed?

( Title auto-detection is working, very nice little feature indeed! )

Last edited:
I think it got something to do with image and link proxy.

5.webp

Because it now shows an empty screenshot preview as you can see below. An improvement, but still not working.. Help me out here please?

4.webp

Proxy Links needs to be activated with this add-on to have previews and interstitials work.

Regarding your broken preview images it looks like a wrong path to the image in your style. If you send me your forum URL and ACP credentials per private conversation I can have a look at it.

Just a minor suggestion, could you make it so that if the link preview is too far to the right to make the balloon arrow appear at the bottom right instead of bottom left which will address the problem :)

balloon arrow.webp

As I said, very minor but it causes a sideway scroll bar to appear and the preview is half out of veiw.

Just a minor suggestion, could you make it so that if the link preview is too far to the right to make the balloon arrow appear at the bottom right instead of bottom left which will address the problem :)

View attachment 93910

As I said, very minor but it causes a sideway scroll bar to appear and the preview is half out of veiw.

Thank you for your informaton. We'll check that, but it may be a style issue. Usually the popup adapts to the site width automatically.

In addition, I've added the mod_security advise (reason for your last problem) to our FAQ.

Just letting you know that I also have light skin style which is the default XenForo style with some very minor changes in Extra.css which is as follows

* {
border-radius: 5px !important;
}

#logo {
float: none;
text-align: center !important;
}

.thread_view .messageList .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
.thread_view .quickReply .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
.conversation_view .messageList .messageUserInfo a.avatar img,
.conversation_view .quickReply .messageUserInfo a.avatar img
{
width: 190px;
height: auto;
}

.messageUserInfo
{
width: 218px !important;
}

.message .messageInfo,
#QuickReply
{
margin-left: 245px !important;
}

.messageUserBlock h3.userText {
text-align: center;
}

.messageUserBlock a.username {text-align: center !important;}

It just for rounded corners, tall avatar and centering the logo. All the rest is untouched default XenForo.

Hope that helps

On your web site, release date of the software was announced as Januar 15. But here at Xenforo, I see no update.

I have tried two link Resources so far. One was free and never updated... I paid 10$ for the second one one and it is dead with bugs like lack of Unicode supoort unfixed.

I am going to pay 48 bucks and I want to know if there is Unicode support. If not, thanks, I will pass..

On your web site, release date of the software was announced as Januar 15. But here at Xenforo, I see no update.

There is no update. Our web site just was started Jan 15, hence this date is shown at all our add-ons there. The last version was published some time ago and still works without bugs and like a charm.

However there will be an update soon adding another screenshot provider. Also favicons to be shown with the titles will be added.

All our add-ons support unicode, since we market them to non english regions also and even use it ourself at our own non-english boards.

Bought it. Please remove DS Store files from your extensions. Looks unprofessional.

First error: The previews directory is not valid...

Last edited:
Bought it. Please remove DS Store files from your extensions. Looks unprofessional.

First error: The previews directory is not valid...

Please make sure that you upload all files, your internal_data directory is chmod 777 (recommended by XenForo) and your web server can write into it, so the installation process of our add-on can create this directory at your server.

If you need assistance with the installation or setup please open a support ticket at our site. We will help you.

I have tried two link Resources so far. One was free and never updated... I paid 10$ for the second one one and it is dead with bugs like lack of Unicode supoort unfixed.

Just as a note to our customers: If you have any of those add-ons installed prior to purchase our add-on, you need to completely uninstall them before you install our software and take care the other add-on removes all it's directories (if not, a manual remove is required). They are not compatible and cannot be installed together!

It is very strange that one of the other add-ons (even if named completely different) uses the same internal path name as our add-on and even the same preview storage directory. :cautious: o_O

This add-on is one of the just very few add-ons (I don't know if even another one exists) of this kind which was explicitly coded to prevent DOS attacks using large downloadable files from FTP servers (e.g. videos).

If you do not use our add-on and someone links a very, very large file in a post, your board may crash in trying to download it just to find it's title. Please do not try it out at competitors or their customers sites. ;)

Our add-on uses a special technique to check the titles and stops the download automatically if the file is too large (even if the other server announces just a small file, like someone would do in an DOS attack). This ensures a quick response and protects your board after anyone posted a message with a link to any kind of large content.

But, of course, it cannot find a title in an downloadable FTP file, thus presenting the plain link as posted. Which is just the opposite of "not playing well" and fully intended.

Last edited:
When is the next update please ? I am really bored of www.website.com links before the title. Jeeeeez!

In fact this is a small bug.

Our add-on does not simply and blindly fetch the titles of pages and use it as the link description like almost all other add-ons do. In fact it checks the title string, if the web site name is included. It does this, because some webmasters like to use e.g. "Home" as the title of their home page, which does not help anything when used as the description of the link. In such cases our add-on automatically prepends the domain name of the web site to the title string.

In your case, the domain name is in fact included in the title of the page, but our script failed to detect it because of a space in it.

We'll release a bug fix as soon as possible. We just want to finish the new feature we planned. If you like, we can corect this bug immediatelly if you open a support ticket at our site and give us credentials to login to your site.

Question...

Does the copyright appear in the same location as it does on your site?

If I remember correctly this add-on does not yet have the new copyright and brandling included in its current version (means: no copyright is shown currently). The next version will have it and it will loook the same like on our site and all other sites using one of our add-ons. Just as a note, even if you purchase it now, you won't be allowed to remove it at the next version without a branding free license. ;)

Screenshot and description here:
https://wmtech.net/threads/copyright-branding-notice-removal-information.26/

I am trying to use resource manager for Articles. I would like to link the title to external site where the article is originally posted.
Can I do this with this add on?
upload_2015-2-16_20-35-0.webp

Just as a note, even if you purchase it now, you won't be allowed to remove it at the next version without a branding free license. ;)

I'd never assume as much anyway.

I'm really interested, just trying to justify it.

Does it work with Showcase by chance?

Can I do this with this add on?

No, this add-on does not handle linking of titles. Just links in messages are handled.

Does it work with Showcase by chance?

Showcase uses the default XenForo link handling, so I think it will work.

Since we've Showcase installed at our test environment, I'll just try it now.....

YES, it works!

It does not work in comments, but this is fully intended.

Top Bottom