[WMTech] Link Essentials

[WMTech] Link Essentials [Paid] 1.1.4

No permission to buy ($48.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Link Essentials - Greatly enhances the user experience and usability of your forum.

Description:
Link Essentials for XenForo is a must-have add-on for any XenForo webmaster. It greatly enhances the user experience and usability of your forum.

There are 3 basic enhancements, all of them with a lot of professional features:

1) TITLE AUTO-DETECTION

Every time someone posts an URL to an external web site at your forum the title of this web site is fetched and...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,

is it possible to ad a functionality to link/link preview to threads (thred title) in a selection of forum nodes? Like crosslinking in vblexicon/vbglossary from "vossi" ... :)

Hello,

is it possible to ad a functionality to link/link preview to threads (thred title) in a selection of forum nodes? Like crosslinking in vblexicon/vbglossary from "vossi" ... :)

This is currently not the intention of this add-on.
It would need a different add-on to accomplish that, sorry.

"This content is protected" message has started to come up from the links. Is this from a permission change? Not sure what happened here or how to fix this. Sorry. It was working this morning. :)

Last edited:
Bah nevermind - sorry this was a conflict with some other bb code manager permisions. All fixed sorry.

I do not know the other add-on, but it looks like our add-on has a lot more more features, provides log files, caches the preview pictures locally und gives you a choice of 4 screenshot providers, one of which can also be locally installed.

Our add-ons are coded for optimized performance and maximum security. For example: If you link a 2GB video file with some other auto-title fetching add-ons, you can bring the web site's server down, which is a major security risk.

But give them a try. I see it is free.

Hi There,

Just got this DB error:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: [WMTech] Link Essentials INFO: Read timed out after 10 seconds - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:512
Generated By: Unknown Account, Wednesday at 2:28 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php(330): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->_checkSocketReadTimeout()
#1 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(989): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->read()
#2 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WMTech/LinkEssentials/Services/Abstract.php(297): Zend_Http_Client->request('GET')
#3 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WMTech/LinkEssentials/Services/Abstract.php(202): WMTech_LinkEssentials_Services_Abstract->_fetchFile('http://s.wordpr...', Array)
#4 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/WMTech/LinkEssentials/Deferred/Preview.php(64): WMTech_LinkEssentials_Services_Abstract->setRequest('http://www.prec...', Array, 'http://s.wordpr...')
#5 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): WMTech_LinkEssentials_Deferred_Preview->execute(Array, Array, 7.03995299339, '')
#6 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.03995299339, '', false)
#7 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/pgweb/public_html/forums/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://precursorgames.com/forums/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(78) "/forums/index.php?threads/happy-thanksgiving-to-all-tomarrow-nov-28-2013.2997/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Delete...Close

Hi There,

Just got this DB error:

This isn't a DB error. This is just an informative warning that the request to fetch a screenshot from Wordpress has timed out.

The add-on will try to download it automatically next time it'll be requested.

If you got such errors frequently, I would recommend to switch to another screenshot provider. Wordpress does limit the downloads and places a protective timeout in case you download to many images within a certain time frame.

I had a look into WKhtmlTOimage. I cannot find it anywhere and all the google results that mentioned it via link sends me to WKHhtmlTOpdf where I also cannot find WKhtmlTOimage.

Tried to google "WKhtmlTOimage merged into WKhtmlTOpdf" to work out if that is the case with no luck, so I have to assume that WKhtmlTOimage and WKhtmlTOpdf is the same thing now.

Just concerned because if that is not the case, I may end up with more work to do to fix the mess. I will leave this off for a couple of days unless you can tell me that WKhtmlTOimage is now exactly WKhtmlTOpdf. ( If that is the case, might want to change the service name in the addon )

had a look into WKhtmlTOimage. I cannot find it anywhere and all the google results that mentioned it via link sends me to WKHhtmlTOpdf where I also cannot find WKhtmlTOimage.

This is a LGPL software package you've to install at your server. It is not very easy to install and even if it is installed successfully you need a lot of time to tweak it to your needs. wkhtmltopdf and wkhtmltoimage is ONE software package (as stated in the first sentence on the front page of their web site).

Link:
http://wkhtmltopdf.org/

If you do not have a need to create millions of screenshots, I highly recommend to use page2images where you can get 3.000 professionally rendered shots per months for free.

Yes I was aware of the first sentecne and did not think I have found it as the word between the two was "and" implying there is two seperate things. I was sure the process was complicated which is why I decided to sleep on it.

Got it done with page2images.

Your reply was quite helpful. Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom