[WMTech] Create New Thread Global

[WMTech] Create New Thread Global 1.0.6

No permission to download

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Create New Thread Global - Create New Thread From Everywhere

Description / Features:
This add-on provides a global "Post New Thread" button at forum list (XenForo Homepage) and a global "Create Thread" navigation menu item.

If a member clicks the button or the navigation link, a selection form appears allowing to select the forum the new thread should be created. Only forums where the member is allowed to create a new thread will be shown.

There are 2 selection menu styles the forum admin can choose in the options of this add-on (1 or 2 click...

Read more about this resource...

This is odd, every time i try to install this, directly via zip or manually uploading files or xml i face
copy(./wmtechlc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

I do the same with all the addons, why doing this now?

EDIT: Fixed after chmods all the uploaded files again.

Last edited:
If you have troubles uploading the files manually, I recommend to use one of the auto-installer add-ons.

We do not recommend to chmod any of the files (it will just lead to problems with your XenForo installation later).

Just follow XenForo's installation manual for directories with write permissions. However this add-on does not need any write permissions at all.

wmtech: guests are not getting the list of forum categories? I want guest user can get all categories.. How can be done?

Each visitor does only get those categories he is allowed to start a new thread. It makes no sense to present categories for opening a new thread if it isn't allowed to open a thread there.

The solution is simple: Just give all guests permissions to start a new thread in all your categories and they will get all those in the list. ;)

If you want a simple list of all your categories in the navigation, I would recommend to use the "Nodes as Tabs" add-on from Jake.

wmtech: Thanks for your reply.. But to view all the categories on a list I have to give all guests permissions to start a new thread! Does it make sense? I tried to post a new thread as guest and it redirects to log in, and after I logged in it redirects to desired thread creation page. I liked this flow.. Can you make this happen?

wmtech: Thanks for your reply.. But to view all the categories on a list I have to give all guests permissions to start a new thread! Does it make sense? I tried to post a new thread as guest and it redirects to log in, and after I logged in it redirects to desired thread creation page. I liked this flow.. Can you make this happen?

I can see what you like to get.

Currently our add-on is a utility for members to be able to take part actively in your forums more easily. I don't know if we like to transfer it into a utility to animate guests to register.

But I will talk about it with our coders and if it could be done easily it may be in the next version.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Create New Thread Global with a new update entry:

v1.0.1: Minor Code Optimizations and Enhancements

> Version 1.0.1 <
Enhancement and minor bugfix update.
This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

New: Better organisation of the output of the 1-click overlay for larger forums with showing the forums in blocks under their categories.

New: Added CSS selector to support easier customization of forum selection entries.

Bugfix: Minor bugfix wih button not shown at forum_list even if option switch is on at Audentio UI.X styles.

Upgrade...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does it work with 1.5? The resource is located on the developer's site and registration is manually approved. My registration is "pending" and it doesn't allow for downloads for testing so hopefully someone can confirm as I was about to look into doing this (or using an alternative product located here.)

Does it work with 1.5? The resource is located on the developer's site and registration is manually approved. My registration is "pending" and it doesn't allow for downloads for testing so hopefully someone can confirm as I was about to look into doing this (or using an alternative product located here.)

This add-on is fully compatible to XenForo 1.4 and XenForo 1.5.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Create New Thread Global with a new update entry:

v1.0.2: New Features, Code Enhancements/Optimizations, XF 1.5 Compatibility & 1 Bugfix

> Version 1.0.2 <
New Features, Code Enhancements/Optimizations, XF 1.5 compatibility & 1 Bugfix
This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

New: Compatible with new XenForo 1.5

New: ACP Option "Show Categories" (disable if you don't want to show categories)

New: ACP Option "Check Forum Create Thread Permission" (disable to enhance the speed of selection list generation)

Bugfix: 2-click menu now always links...

Read the rest of this update entry...

'Create Thread' appears last in the drop-down and sub-navigation. I prefer 'New Posts' to be last. Can I adjust the list position for Create Thread?

'Create Thread' appears last in the drop-down and sub-navigation. I prefer 'New Posts' to be last. Can I adjust the list position for Create Thread?

Unfortunatelly there is no option to customize the placement of the navigation item. XenForo does not feature a navigation manager until now.

However, it is possible to change the order of the navigation items manually with template edits. But you are on your own if you want to do it yourself.

@wmtech
This plugin seems useful? I have questions.

1. Can the link text "Create thread" be renamed to "Ask Question" ?
2. Is this visible to guests. So that they can click the 'create thread/ask question' link and be taken to register page.

@wmtech
This plugin seems useful? I have questions.

1. Can the link text "Create thread" be renamed to "Ask Question" ?
2. Is this visible to guests. So that they can click the 'create thread/ask question' link and be taken to register page.

1) You can rename the wording as you like. The add-on is fully phrased.
2) If you set it up to not check posting permissions, the add-on will act as you described. Otherwise it will only show forums the visitor is allowed to post into.

Top Bottom