[WMTech] Create New Thread Global

[WMTech] Create New Thread Global 1.0.6

No permission to download
If you set it up to not check posting permissions, the add-on will act as you described. Otherwise it will only show forums the visitor is allowed to post into.
This did not work as described for me :(
I unchecked "Check Forum Create Thread Permission" - but "create thread" on the nav bar still did not showup for guests. Any idea?

This did not work as described for me :(
I unchecked "Check Forum Create Thread Permission" - but "create thread" on the nav bar still did not showup for guests. Any idea?

You have to allow the unregistered user group to use our add-on. Otherwise it would be not shown to them.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Create New Thread Global with a new update entry:

v1.0.4: New Feature Release

> Version 1.0.4 <
New Feature Release

This upgrade is recommended for all customers who wish to use the new feature. There are no bug fixes in this release.

Changelog:

NEW: Option to show "Create Thread" button and navigation link to unregistered guests

Upgrade Instructions:
[wmtech] Create New Thread Global - Installation & Upgrade...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: vij
Wonderful and useful thanks! It's correct that the button is not visible in the new posts page?

Currently the button is only displayed at the forum home page. But the navigation link to start new threads is shown at each page of your forum (including "new posts").

We will add the button to "New Posts" with the next update. We didn't get such a request until now. ;)

Thanks, I've asked because I've to disable the nav bar link due to the fact that that menu hide the new posts button so It's handy to have it as a button everywhere...

Thanks, I've asked because I've to disable the nav bar link due to the fact that that menu hide the new posts button so It's handy to have it as a button everywhere...

The navigation link is very valuable and should be enabled!
It also does not "hide" any other link. In the next version we will change the place for this link from being the last one to being the second last one (which leaves "New Posts" the last one).

v1.0.5: New Feature Release

> Version 1.0.5 <
New Feature Release

This upgrade is recommended for all customers who wish to use the new features. There are no bug fixes in this release.

Changelog:

NEW: Changed Location Of Navigation Item To Prevent Shift Of "New Post" Link In Mobile View

NEW: Added "Create Thread" Button To Several Additional XenForo Pages (Search, Find New Posts, Recent Activity, Watched Threads & Forums, Online Users, Notable Members, etc.)...

I'll just post this here, but registration on your site gives me

1. Please enter a value that matches the required format.

not saying what I should alter. I also got rejected by your forum before yes for reasons unknown to me. Hence the 2 star rating. I might have entered a domain name localhost since I'm using localhost and switch between many production test domains (none of them for profit). that might be the reason for rejection. After trying a dozen of times to register you would get frustrated yes. Might well be that this addon is the best of it's sort but the way to reach it has been almost the most annoying thing that I experienced on xenforo... (******* still frustrated me the most)

Last edited:
I'll just post this here, but registration on your site gives me

not saying what I should alter. I also got rejected by your forum before yes for reasons unknown to me. Hence the 2 star rating. I might have entered a domain name localhost since I'm using localhost. that might be the reason for rejection. After trying a dozen of times to register you would get frustrated yes.

This unspecific error message is a known problem and annoyance in XenForo. It is a default XenForo error message if a required format of a custom user field is not matched, unfortunately it does not say which field is wrong. You may also run into this problem at your own XenForo board, so it is very unfair to punish us for it.

At our site, we require the real personal or registered company name to be entered. If you do not enter this correctly, you will get this default XenForo error message.

But help would be just a click away. You always can open a support ticket and ask for manual registration at our site. We would be glad to help you and get you registered.

This unspecific error message is a known problem and annoyance in XenForo.

Yeah I don't use custom fields so wasn't aware of that.

okay seems to work but had to include "first name last name - website name" when reading it, it looked like you only had to enter first and last name.

I'll report my review to ask them to remove it since I got carried away with frustration, because the one at audentio that I paid for doesn't work on custom themes and installed/uninstalled these addons way too much.

I'll report my review to ask them to remove it since I got carried away with frustration, because the one at audentio that I paid for doesn't work on custom themes and installed/uninstalled these addons way too much.

You can always edit a review. No need to report and delete it!

v1.0.5: New Feature Release, PHP 7 Compatibility

> Version 1.0.6 <
New Feature Release

This upgrade is recommended for all customers who wish to use the new features. There are no bug fixes in this release.

Changelog:

NEW: Added Category Display to "2-Click" Menu Option

NEW: PHP 7 Compatibility

Upgrade Instructions:
[wmtech] Create New Thread Global - Installation & Upgrade...

Thank you for releasing this addon.
Could I ask please why there is a file in the root folder? wmtechlc.php
I prefer to keep root as empty as possible for security reasons.
Also may I suggest, please, that the button be shown on category pages and that the list of available forums in the modal window contains only the subforums of the current category?

Last edited:
Thank you for releasing this addon.
Could I ask please why there is a file in the root folder? wmtechlc.php
I prefer to keep root as empty as possible for security reasons.
Also may I suggest, please, that the button be shown on category pages and that the list of available forums in the modal window contains only the subforums of the current category?

This file has to stay in the root of a forum where any of our add-ons is installed, because it needs to be accessible all time (similar to a webhook file for PayPal). There is no security concern about it. It is part of our automatic license check process as described in detail here:
https://wmtech.net/threads/add-on-online-license-check-process-information.29/

In short:
If you remove this file, your license is no longer valid.

Thank you for your suggestion, but this is far above what we can do for a free add-on. We plan to move this add-on to a paid one soon. After that we may implement such a feature.

I am very interested in this addon and just like the person above I'd rather pay for more quality and professional support.
A couple of questions:
1. I have a customized theme, should I anticipate a lot of issues adding the "create thread" button in your experience?
2. Just to be sure in order to use your addon I need to subscribe to your forums? I can install on a development subdomain/server for testing, correct? No licensing issue with that?

Thanks

Hi,

thanks for asking!

1. No, you should not have any problems. A lot of customers with many different styles use it and since we mimic the regular "Create Thread" button, all styles are prepared for it.

2. You need to register at our site (this involves giving us your name, location and site url for licensing purposes) and validate your XenForo license. As a validated member of our site you are free to download our free add-ons and to purchase our premium add-ons. Each license gives you the right to install at at your licensed site (domain) and at a private test site.

Really it's an odd process to go through for simply downloading a free add-on.

On registration - I validated my XF account, entered my real name, passed the spam verification, verified my email address, etc... Now to await manual approval which should take up to several hours??? How many hoops must your prospective buyers jump through @wmtech???? Please consider changing your registration procedure. It's rather frustrating!

Thanks for the share just the same ... if indeed my account is approved so that I might download it ((sigh...))

J.

Top Bottom