1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WMTech] Create New Thread Global 1.0.6

Create New Thread From Everywhere

1. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Create New Thread Global - Create New Thread From Everywhere

Read more about this resource...
    sami simo and 51463 like this.
  2. mauzao9

mauzao9 Well-Known Member

This is odd, every time i try to install this, directly via zip or manually uploading files or xml i face
    copy(./wmtechlc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

I do the same with all the addons, why doing this now?

EDIT: Fixed after chmods all the uploaded files again.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  3. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

If you have troubles uploading the files manually, I recommend to use one of the auto-installer add-ons.

We do not recommend to chmod any of the files (it will just lead to problems with your XenForo installation later).

Just follow XenForo's installation manual for directories with write permissions. However this add-on does not need any write permissions at all.
  4. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

5. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

Does this work on XenPorta2 homepage?
  6. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

Sure. This works on each and every page of XenForo no matter which add-on or manually created special page.
  7. Nagib Mahfuj

Nagib Mahfuj Member

wmtech: guests are not getting the list of forum categories? I want guest user can get all categories.. How can be done?
  8. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

Each visitor does only get those categories he is allowed to start a new thread. It makes no sense to present categories for opening a new thread if it isn't allowed to open a thread there.

The solution is simple: Just give all guests permissions to start a new thread in all your categories and they will get all those in the list. ;)

If you want a simple list of all your categories in the navigation, I would recommend to use the "Nodes as Tabs" add-on from Jake.
  9. Nagib Mahfuj

Nagib Mahfuj Member

wmtech: Thanks for your reply.. But to view all the categories on a list I have to give all guests permissions to start a new thread! Does it make sense? I tried to post a new thread as guest and it redirects to log in, and after I logged in it redirects to desired thread creation page. I liked this flow.. Can you make this happen?
  10. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

I can see what you like to get.

Currently our add-on is a utility for members to be able to take part actively in your forums more easily. I don't know if we like to transfer it into a utility to animate guests to register.

But I will talk about it with our coders and if it could be done easily it may be in the next version.
  11. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

wmtech updated [WMTech] Create New Thread Global with a new update entry:

v1.0.1: Minor Code Optimizations and Enhancements

Read the rest of this update entry...
  12. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

Does it work with 1.5? The resource is located on the developer's site and registration is manually approved. My registration is "pending" and it doesn't allow for downloads for testing so hopefully someone can confirm as I was about to look into doing this (or using an alternative product located here.)
  13. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

14. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

This add-on is fully compatible to XenForo 1.4 and XenForo 1.5.
  15. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

wmtech updated [WMTech] Create New Thread Global with a new update entry:

v1.0.2: New Features, Code Enhancements/Optimizations, XF 1.5 Compatibility & 1 Bugfix

Read the rest of this update entry...
  16. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

'Create Thread' appears last in the drop-down and sub-navigation. I prefer 'New Posts' to be last. Can I adjust the list position for Create Thread?
  17. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

Unfortunatelly there is no option to customize the placement of the navigation item. XenForo does not feature a navigation manager until now.

However, it is possible to change the order of the navigation items manually with template edits. But you are on your own if you want to do it yourself.
  18. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

19. vij

vij Active Member

This plugin seems useful? I have questions.

1. Can the link text "Create thread" be renamed to "Ask Question" ?
    2. Is this visible to guests. So that they can click the 'create thread/ask question' link and be taken to register page.
  20. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

1) You can rename the wording as you like. The add-on is fully phrased.
    2) If you set it up to not check posting permissions, the add-on will act as you described. Otherwise it will only show forums the visitor is allowed to post into.