1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows VPS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bambua, Jan 5, 2011.

1. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Hey all, looking for a recommendation, I have a really good Linux VPS host that I use for reselling for small client web sites. For an upcoming project I need one that can host Windows/MSSQL in a VPS environment, any recommendations on a good provider? On the linux side I use CPanel/WHS, and I'm looking for something similar on a Windows Server.

Thanks in advance!

2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

3. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Ouch I know windows licensing comes into play but $100 a month for a 764MB RAM 40GB Storage VPS is a little high in my opinion...

What is even more amazing though is an equally spec'd linux box costs the same :S...

4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Oops, www.invehosting.com. Look for Bobby, mention me, he might give you a discount - I don't use them anymore - cancelled my account yesterday.

5. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

I used SolarVPS (http://www.solarvps.com/windows-vps.php) once upon a time. It was good value for the cost. Its a little more than some, but offeres more bandwidth a memory that most competition for the same cost.
    But the best thing I can say is their communications is outstanding. I always knew about planned outages well ahead of time and on the rare occasion the outage was unplanned, periodic messages during the outages, a full root cause analysis afterwards and they always invested in infrastructure to keep it from reoccurring. This was many years ago, and they have matured well since.

6. Jilesh Patadiya

Jilesh Patadiya New Member