Windows 7 vs Windows 8

Which Windows OS Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
Windows 8 can Mount .iso files now. (Finally).

upload_2013-9-22_22-43-6.webp

I see Office 2013 has the Metro UI. It sucks.
I'll be uninstalling Word for sure. Put Word 2003 on.

OneNote too.

upload_2013-9-22_22-48-46.webp

I hate Windows 8 for forcing you to log in with your Microsoft Account (yes, I know it's a service). And how it works in some areas. But I like the "code." It runs like a butter than Windows 7, but still has some holes in Windows 8.

I hate Windows 8 for forcing you to log in with your Microsoft Account (yes, I know it's a service).
You can have an account that isn't linked to a Microsoft account. I think you might be forced to create a MS account, but I've had my Win8 laptop for almost a year now... haven't used my MS account at all.

You can have a local account. But if you want to use the app store or things like that you will need an account. As far as I know, they will hide the function to crate a local user account in Win 8.1 even more, you have to enter an invalid login or so in the MS Account thing when you install 8.1 to get the option for an local account.

You can have a local account. But if you want to use the app store or things like that you will need an account. As far as I know, they will hide the function to crate a local user account in Win 8.1 even more, you have to enter an invalid login or so in the MS Account thing when you install 8.1 to get the option for an local account.
Oh, I don't use any of the W8 apps because I think they're terrible. But that's good to know. I haven't been keeping up with 8.1 either.

Windows 8 is also Games for Windows Live incompatible so I had to use some tricks to make this program run again, I hope they will work under 8.1 :cautious:

I hate Windows 8 for forcing you to log in with your Microsoft Account (yes, I know it's a service). And how it works in some areas. But I like the "code." It runs like a butter than Windows 7, but still has some holes in Windows 8.
That's "The Cloud"

Seems the majority of complaints about Win 8 are that you can't find the controls, or they aren't where you think they should be. Hey, you didn't know where the controls were when you first opened a computer. I didn't. And sometimes I don't to this day. I just Google it. Problem solved. (It's not like Win 7 doesn't have features in weird places where they weren't in XP.)

View attachment 58397

How to I exit this PC settings thing ?
I can go to other screens but how do I close it ?
Wow that looks like a good use of space :-/

I recommend the best way to get rid of that is

CMD.exe
DISK PART
list volume
select volume 1
clean
create partition primary
format fs=ntfs quick label=4aWorkingOS
assign letter c

Now you are ready to install a version of windows that is actually meant for a desktop user to run.

Bring the mouse cursor (or your finger if you have a touchscreen) to the top of the screen, click and drag down to the bottom of the screen.
I tried that a bit. It seemed to "shrink" the window. I'll try when I get home again.
Just do it the old fashioned way - press ALT + F4 :)
I discovered this way as my first guess. Just wondering what others who aren't windows nerds will do ?

Top Bottom