Windows 10 Forums

We've created a Windows 10 Forum to partner our existing series of sites (7, 8, etc...) and of course it's running XenForo :D:

Windows 10 Forums

I'd be really interested to hear your feedback about the site, particularly the layout and if it seems appealing to post as a new user.

Looks like a great start?

Your icons, some of them, are Vista. That was the first thing I noticed. I would definitely recommend changing that, but overall looks like a good start :)

Great look, fast site, very informative. Love how your using the default Xenforo style and made it look great. Should do very well.

Thanks folks! :D

Your icons, some of them, are Vista. That was the first thing I noticed. I would definitely recommend changing that, but overall looks like a good start :)

Yep, I struggled to find appropriate Windows 10 style icons for some of the forums, so had to resort to the older Windows Vista/7 style ones. If you spot any appropriate, please do let me know and I'll swap them over :).

Thanks folks! :D

Yep, I struggled to find appropriate Windows 10 style icons for some of the forums, so had to resort to the older Windows Vista/7 style ones. If you spot any appropriate, please do let me know and I'll swap them over :).
Also my post says looks like a great start with a question mark I did not mean to sound rude lol I meant to use a ! :p

He's good :)

That's what happens when you predict product names and buy domains with the right keywords early. Everyone will search for "Windows 10 forum". This domain was registered in 2012.

I guess he's already lining up for the next big thing ;) lol Great Job BTW

The design is quite appealing it it certainly looks like a forum I would sign up to. Congratulations.

May I ask you which plugins you use for ads and sign up form which appear at the bottom of the thread?

ask.webp

I wish you all the best, it seams your forum started quite well already.

I like your site, the style is visually nice without clutter and the node icons are excellent.

A couple of observations :) I find the logo really confusing. Your forum name and URL are 'Windows 10 Forums" but the logo reads as "Ten Windows 10 Forums" or "Windows Ten 10 Forums"? It makes my brain linger there, trying to figure it out. Also, there's so much in the sidebar on the landing page, there's a massive amount of whitespace under the forum list and quite a lot of other pages.

Also I would suggest changing the default "no avatar" avatar - I see this a lot on XF forums, the thread views having loads of ? on the left. I always suggest changing it to a faded grey image related to your forum theme.

Apart from this, good work.

That's what happens when you predict product names and buy domains with the right keywords early. Everyone will search for "Windows 10 forum"
I think the domain and keywords surely help but he is obviously very skilled and the content is quite remarkable. No fluff here, serious helpful information that people need. I wish I was that smart, lol :)

The design is quite appealing it it certainly looks like a forum I would sign up to. Congratulations.

May I ask you which plugins you use for ads and sign up form which appear at the bottom of the thread?

Thanks! No plugins for this one, all I did was edit the thread_view template and add in a bit of custom code :). I'm away from my main PC at the moment, but I can take a look at exporting the template changes as an addon.

I like your site, the style is visually nice without clutter and the node icons are excellent.

A couple of observations :) I find the logo really confusing. Your forum name and URL are 'Windows 10 Forums" but the logo reads as "Ten Windows 10 Forums" or "Windows Ten 10 Forums"? It makes my brain linger there, trying to figure it out. Also, there's so much in the sidebar on the landing page, there's a massive amount of whitespace under the forum list and quite a lot of other pages.

Also I would suggest changing the default "no avatar" avatar - I see this a lot on XF forums, the thread views having loads of ? on the left. I always suggest changing it to a faded grey image related to your forum theme.

Yeah I was a little uncertain about the logo, but had to knock something up quickly an opted for something based on our old design. I might have a tinker with this when I have some free time, but the sidebar/whitespace issue is something we definitely need to address.

Good point about the default avatar, I never thought about that! I'll see what I can do when I'm back :). Thanks for the constructive feedback, it's appreciated!

Top Bottom