1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatible skins that work with Windows 10

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by StrandedStarfish, Sep 8, 2015.

1. StrandedStarfish

StrandedStarfish New Member

Hey, Everyone.

I am considering buying xenForo, but a friend who uses it for his site says the best skins available (by XenFocus) don't work with Windows 10. :cautious:

Do you know where I can find forum skins that do? I am not going to be the first forum site for the subject on which I'm focusing -- the other two also use xenForo, and I want my site to look significantly different from theirs.

Thanks in advance,

2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

The theme used on a site has nothing to do with the operating system on your personal computer. So you can buy/use any themes you want. I have no clue why your friend said they don't work with Windows 10 considering that has nothing to do with it.
  3. StrandedStarfish

The theme has a customizable background image, and on Windows 10 it shows up as plain black. He sent me a screenshot. The image shows up fine on Windows 8. Saw a screenshot of that, too.

I can't understand it, either.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's likely a customization he did or the browser, but the OS has nothing to do with it, as mentioned.
  5. thedude

thedude Well-Known Member

Could be anything (have him try a different browser just for testing purposes). Though it's most likely an issue with your template. Make sure it works fine from a device other than your primary computer, such as your phone, another computer (other than your friend's), etc.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Tell him to use something other than Edge browser... it was warts - and some of them are ugly and haven't been culled yet.
  7. StrandedStarfish

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate your feedback!
  8. Donny

Donny Active Member

Ask him to visit XenForo.com/community and see what that looks like. If that's fine, clearly it's just the theme / style that the specific forum is using that's got some issues.

Internet Explorer just sucks. End of. Doesn't matter what version of windows it's on.