Will you be creating an importer for phpBB?

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I know phpBB isn't widely regarded but my site started out on a free host and we still use phpBB for the forum.

I've been waiting for the right thing to come along before upgrading and I think I've found it.

A migration script would be absolutely essential though and is a show stopper.

I understand that your priority is to get the core functionality working and presumably you'll be targeting vB forum owners first but after that?

I know phpBB isn't widely regarded but my site started out on a free host and we still use phpBB for the forum.

I've been waiting for the right thing to come along before upgrading and I think I've found it.

A migration script would be absolutely essential though and is a show stopper.

I understand that your priority is to get the core functionality working and presumably you'll be targeting vB forum owners first but after that?

It there's not an official importer, the community will probably create one pretty quick. So I wouldn't worry too much. :)

Currently there are only importers for vBulleting 3/4.
Other importers are planned though.

I myself am waiting to upgrade from phpBB but I might even go phpBB -> vB3 -> XF

There are currently no plans to increase the price.

The 1 year support starts from the date of the first stable release so you will not lose any support time by purchasing now while it is still Beta.

Top Bottom