1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you be creating an importer for phpBB?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Brogan, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I know phpBB isn't widely regarded but my site started out on a free host and we still use phpBB for the forum.

I've been waiting for the right thing to come along before upgrading and I think I've found it.

A migration script would be absolutely essential though and is a show stopper.

I understand that your priority is to get the core functionality working and presumably you'll be targeting vB forum owners first but after that?
  2. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

They said they might be doing one for it, but only a vB one is certain for now I believe.
  3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

It there's not an official importer, the community will probably create one pretty quick. So I wouldn't worry too much. :)
  4. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

a phpBB import will be created.
  5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think an importer will be created for all the major bb systems.
  6. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

There is always a path and a way for these things.
  7. Mr. Blogger

Mr. Blogger Active Member

Before I get Xenforo do you guys have a phpBB converter? So I can convert my phpbb forum to Xenforo? :)
  8. Brogan

Currently there are only importers for vBulleting 3/4.
    Other importers are planned though.

I myself am waiting to upgrade from phpBB but I might even go phpBB -> vB3 -> XF
  9. Mr. Blogger

I won't buy vbulletin just so I can convert to xenforo then buy xenforo. I will be spending almost $500..
    Nasr likes this.
  10. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Sooner or later there will be an importer. Wait until xF is released as stable.
  11. Mr. Blogger

Will the prices go up once they release the stable? I rather get it while its $140 then I get the stable release anyway for 1 year support and free upgrade..
  12. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

You don't need to buy anything :) just convert your phpBB to vB using Impex then to xF
  13. Brogan

There are currently no plans to increase the price.

The 1 year support starts from the date of the first stable release so you will not lose any support time by purchasing now while it is still Beta.
  14. Mr. Blogger

I will have to buy vbulletin to even convert to it lol.
  15. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

He'll still need VB to import his phpBB to no? or are you suggesting a nulled version? lol
  16. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

You only need to convert your db to a vB format .. you do not need a license to do that ;)
  17. Mr. Blogger

I think he is suggesting to use a illegal version.. :eek: I might just wait till Xenforo makes a phpbb converter.
  18. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

what nulled version ? ? !

you need to convert the database. you are not going live with anything, heck you are not even ftping or installing anything
  19. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Maybe someone could do the import?
  20. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

You just need Impex ... I'm not telling you to do anything illegal