• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Will Xenforo work for a site designed like emusic?

Complete newbie to the forum community. I want to create a site in the likeness of Emusic. I'm currently a member of a site which has just switched to xenforo.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
XenForo is primarily a forum.

A quick look at the emusic site indicates that it doesn't even have a forum.
The blurb states:
Created by music enthusiasts for music enthusiasts, eMusic is a music discovery and download destination. As a member, you have access to 17+ million tracks, just $0.50 each. But we realize that expanding your collection is also a deeply personal pursuit. Our well-informed editorial staff regularly curates artist profiles, reviews, and playlists - recommendations tailored to help enrich your explorations.
I don't see XenForo as being suitable software to replicate the functionality on that site.

XenForo is primarily a forum.

A quick look at the emusic site indicates that it doesn't even have a forum.
The blurb states:

I don't see XenForo as being suitable software to replicate the functionality on that site.

Thanks for the reply and information!

I want to create a site which combines the two functionalities. Maybe too lofty a dream perhaps?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You would definitely need some custom development work done to replicate the functionality on that site.

It's not unachievable but you would likely need to hire a developer.

tyteen4a03

Thanks for the reply and information!

I want to create a site which combines the two functionalities. Maybe too lofty a dream perhaps?
Most likely will require custom work.

I want to add a full-fledged streaming system because an old forum I worked at had it. If you are also interested maybe I can make it happen next year or so.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Yes, someone who knows how to develop add-ons for XenForo.

There are many of them active here on this site.