Will XenForo support 'Multiple Themes'?

Caliburn

I didn't know how to phrase this thread title for clarity so I apologize. My question is as follows and is directed at Mike or Kier.

On vBulletin and Invision (I know, comparisons...) - I can run separate themes per forum. For example, lets say my forum is located at:

http://randomurl.xxx/forum/

On this forum, I have forums.

'Chit Chat'
'Mac Oriented'
'PC Oriented'

Alright. You with me so far? Alright. Good. Now, let's say I want a special theme for the 'chit chat' forum. I can select that in the AdminCP. Now lets say I want a special theme for the 'Mac Oriented' forum that just screams Apple. Same with the PC forum. So I have the main forums theme, but I have modified themes for the forums themselves. You with me still or am I making absolutely no sense? What say you?

Yes, you can do that. Obviously it's a rather specific example, but you could force a particular forum to use the fixed width style that we have here.

Sweet. I just wanted to make sure that this feature was being included in XenForo. You guys are bringing this software so far, so fast. I can't wait!

Quick edit: Can you share some screen-shots of the AdminCP? ;)

Sweet. I just wanted to make sure that this feature was being included in XenForo. You guys are bringing this software so far, so fast. I can't wait!

Quick edit: Can you share some screen-shots of the AdminCP? ;)
The videos are showing a bit of it (and it does look nice).

I actually like being able to have per-forum themes. :D Awesome that it seems to be included.

Yes, you can do that. Obviously it's a rather specific example, but you could force a particular forum to use the fixed width style that we have here.
would a style set to a parent forum filter through to the child forums then you only need to set it for categories and dont need to remember when editing the forums in it/adding new child forums?

would a style set to a parent forum filter through to the child forums then you only need to set it for categories and dont need to remember when editing the forums in it/adding new child forums?
Yes, forced styles are inherited down the node tree to child categories, forums and pages.

Top Bottom