Will Xenforo support New Features/Upgrades if i add them in on my server?

XxUnkn0wnxX

As the title says...

since my site has gotten very busy and i have had a systems admin look over it he recommended to features to be installed and upgraded to accelerate php:
Code:
We'd instead recommend switching to a higher-performance PHP handler such as PHP-FPM. The FPM handler can also play very well with an opcode cache such as APC. We can make the appropriate installations for you.

people have also said to have nginx as a reverse proxy for Apache to increase performance but my system admin said it would not increase by much because i already have cloud flare set up and he said that acts as a reverse proxy..

also just curios - i had this removed since it was eating up a lot of my ram. i removed mod_perl from Apache but does xenforo need it? and does it improve xenforo in any way?

atm i have Xcache installed but unsure if that is useful for xenforo...

but is EAccelerator better then APC? can both of them work at the same time or only 1?

also since my site using a lot of bandwidth i would love to know if there is anything else i can have installed to reduce bandwidth usage but still keeping performance good on site..

also how good is xenforo with PHP 5.4 or 5.5? i don't want any issues ..
and what about the add ones made by third party for xenforo? do all add ones work for future version of php?

also same questions above but to do with Apache 2.4.7

if i wish to upgrade to that...

Last edited:
Adding custom PHP extensions or programs do not interact with XenForo which requires for a minimal setup only php-gd, php-fpm, php-mysqlnd and php-xml. To avoid Zend fail-rollbacks, I would install also php-mbstring. Of course, if you want a nice setup you will require additional packages and extensive server optimizations, as any Linux OS is not designed to perform as web service.

also how good is xenforo with PHP 5.4 or 5.5? i don't want any issues ..
and what about the add ones made by third party for xenforo? do all add ones work for future version of php?

also same questions above but to do with Apache 2.4.7

if i wish to upgrade to that...

also what about these questions?

php 5.4 works, though some addons have issues

I see no reason why apache 2.4.7 wouldn't work either.

Moving away from mod php is probably a good starting point though.

php 5.4 works, though some addons have issues

I see no reason why apache 2.4.7 wouldn't work either.

Moving away from mod php is probably a good starting point though.
mod php? you mean all the extensions for php? i thought they are used to increase performance for php and certain mod php extensions are enabled by default for like mail and ftp and other things

I think you need to start reading the documentation for all the software you use.
Getting answers on a forum will probably cover only 1% what you should know already. If you are not comfortable with Linux, you should hire a consultant. It takes years to properly learn your way around Linux.

Top Bottom