1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will XenForo support 'Multiple Themes'?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Caliburn, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Caliburn

Caliburn Well-Known Member

I didn't know how to phrase this thread title for clarity so I apologize. My question is as follows and is directed at Mike or Kier.

On vBulletin and Invision (I know, comparisons...) - I can run separate themes per forum. For example, lets say my forum is located at:

On this forum, I have forums.

'Chit Chat'
    'Mac Oriented'
    'PC Oriented'

Alright. You with me so far? Alright. Good. Now, let's say I want a special theme for the 'chit chat' forum. I can select that in the AdminCP. Now lets say I want a special theme for the 'Mac Oriented' forum that just screams Apple. Same with the PC forum. So I have the main forums theme, but I have modified themes for the forums themselves. You with me still or am I making absolutely no sense? What say you?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes, you can do that. Obviously it's a rather specific example, but you could force a particular forum to use the fixed width style that we have here.
  3. Caliburn

Caliburn Well-Known Member

Sweet. I just wanted to make sure that this feature was being included in XenForo. You guys are bringing this software so far, so fast. I can't wait!

Quick edit: Can you share some screen-shots of the AdminCP? ;)
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

The AdminCP will most likely be the subject of a "Have You Seen...." post when it's ready to be shown. :)
  5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

The videos are showing a bit of it (and it does look nice).

I actually like being able to have per-forum themes. :D Awesome that it seems to be included.
  6. Kerry-Anne

Kerry-Anne Member

would a style set to a parent forum filter through to the child forums then you only need to set it for categories and dont need to remember when editing the forums in it/adding new child forums?
  7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes, forced styles are inherited down the node tree to child categories, forums and pages.
  8. Kerry-Anne

Kerry-Anne Member

Awesome! That has been my pet peeve for years that I always had to remember so it will make life a lot easier