Will this be the end of vBulletin?

Is this it?

• Total voters
Given one is competing with technical quality and the other with marketing ...... I don't think there is really a comparison on any level.
Funny you say that...I was just thinking...XF is making a solid forum software solution, and vb is making problems...LOL talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight

Given the quality of the code and differences, I'd think it might be akin to bringing an asthmatic hamster with an overladen backpack to a mini gun test range, though time will tell of course.

I cannot say that I follow your analogy in the least.

Given the quality of the code and differences, I'd think it might be akin to bringing an asthmatic hamster with an overladen backpack to a mini gun test range, though time will tell of course.
I shouldn't laugh but that is one of the best metaphor's I've heard for a long time...

I cannot say that I follow your analogy in the least.
his reiteration of my metaphor merely is showing the scope of it, as a knife would still be a weapon in a fight VS an old tired rodent with baggage and well who's worried about a hamster :-)

Yup it's just funny that when someone invests in creating something that gives themselves the upper hand, someone else has to go and get underhanded to compete rather than (god forbid) fix their own problems.

Yep, it is. ;)
I'll sell my last vB4-License as soon as possible.

Too bad for Scott and his Team from vB-Germany, they made a good job. ;)

That is the way of the american business. Dare i call Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla to the stand.
In that matter....neither of them invented anything....B.C. Batteries They are ancient all they did was reinvent the wheel so to speak or in this case current and possibly lightbulbs.

Edit: and they work as I have made my own :-)

In that matter....neither of them invented anything....B.C. Batteries They are ancient all they did was reinvent the wheel so to speak or in this case current and possibly lightbulbs.

Edit: and they work as I have made my own :)
In science credit goes not to the man to whom the idea first occurred but to the man who convinces the world :)

I personally believe, vB won't last more than one more year. And if it does, we will see it like we see ikonboard.net now. Dead.

I think IB knows that and thats why they are trying to stop it but the prescription to the solution they got is not correct. Instead of going to Doctors (aka coders) they went to lawyers asking them to fix it ;)

I personally believe, vB won't last more than one more year. And if it does, we will see it like we see ikonboard.net now. Dead.

Top Bottom