1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Avatars broken display (because maintained ID of vBulletin?)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by 1BJK903, Feb 9, 2014.

1. 1BJK903

1BJK903 Active Member

Hi guys,

I don't know what happened, but I can't show my uploaded avatars, even if they are uploaded and on the server... They are showing broken...

For example, I see this for a particular user: data/avatars/m/0/11.jpg?1391988477

If I hover it, it says that the image can not be found. I checked it on the server and there, it is saved as 1.jpg, not as 11.jpg. So if I change this number in Firebug, it shows me the avatar! The problem is: how can it be that this number is being changed? How can I solve this?

Do I have to import all the data once again to solve it?
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can you provide a screenshot of the problem and a link to your site?
  3. 1BJK903

1BJK903 Active Member

Yes, I can, but I guess I know what the problem is...

I imported these users from my old vBulletin website and I maintained there ID's. So it's pointing to the old ID's, I guess.... Damn... How can I solve that? Do you know that?
  4. Falken

Falken Member

Are you still on localhost?
  5. 1BJK903

1BJK903 Active Member

No, not anymore. Just on the domain / server.
  6. Falken

Falken Member

Could you give me a link to the XF site? :)
  7. 1BJK903

1BJK903 Active Member

See conversation.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you're not on localhost any more, did you copy the images over? You need to copy the data and internal_data directories. (And you need to be wary of the permissions on them - I would recommend 0777'ing them recursively.)
    Divvens likes this.
  9. 1BJK903

1BJK903 Active Member

I did, that is not the problem...

It happens at particular users and that's very frustrating, because I have to make a new account for them. Beside that, Waindigo's Online Users' avatar function does not work either. It does not show the new avatar, but the old one.
  10. 1BJK903

1BJK903 Active Member

Solved by reimporting everything, CHMOD to 777 and rebuilding all cache.