Will there be Tapatalk support?

BirdOPrey5

Just wondering if you guys are working with Tapatalk to have support from the launch? I ask because AVF forums seem to always be advertised with Tapatalk and I'm wondering if they'd really give that up to move to XenForo or if they will be working from the get-go.

Thanks for mentioning us here... and we are impressed with XF so far.

We understand that everyone has their own opinions and the feedback will only improve our work further. Here are few clarifications and reinforcement of our beliefs:

- Tapatalk can co-exist with other mobile skin without any additional settings or modification
- You can completely turn off, remove, or modify the alert to your members about Tapatalk (when they visit your forum via iPhone or Android browser). It appears only once to the user.
- The HTML5 vs. App discussion is a matter a user's preferences, for me I love to use Gmail on Safari which is vast superior than the default Mail app. On the other hand we also believe there is demand of a proper forum app that works with different forum systems.
- We need to pay our bill so does any other commercial software, what you get is proper technical support and on-going update with new features.
- We are rolling out few interesting features in coming months to truly differentiate the app from mobile skin, in addition to the already available multi-accounts, mobile upload, widget support, etc.

Always love to hear feedback and suggestion... We are excited of Tapatalk and so does some of you... :)

Always love to hear feedback and suggestion... We are excited of Tapatalk and so does some of you... :)
I had the chance to look at your vBulletin product code, since I'm writing a Searchlight plugin for your software. I don't want to sound negative... but aren't you afraid to be sued by Internet Brands? I would certainly be worried in your place.

I'd like Tapatalk and a mobile style. I like giving members a choice.
I find Tapatalk useful for checking PMs and saves me a trip to my desktop or laptop.

Everyone needs to look at their logs and see how fast smartphones are climbing up the charts.

I had the chance to look at your vBulletin product code, since I'm writing a Searchlight plugin for your software. I don't want to sound negative... but aren't you afraid to be sued by Internet Brands? I would certainly be worried in your place.

Yeah, I didn't really start comparing the code, but it does look rather familiar ;)

What's the issue? Feel free to send me a PM.

tapatalk is crap, who wants to pay to use a free forum...? it should be a product by the company.. and be free.. a mobile skin is the way to go.... every mobile phone with internet has a browser.... why limit our selfs?

Not everyone has the skills to create or the cash to purchase a mobile skin. Tapatalk offers an alternative that IF your members want to purchase is there. It's free for the forum owner to install, this makes it up to the end user if they want to purchase.

While it is not perfect it does make a good alternative.

tapatalk is crap, who wants to pay to use a free forum...? it should be a product by the company.. and be free.. a mobile skin is the way to go.... every mobile phone with internet has a browser.... why limit our selfs?

Spoken by someone who's obviously never used it or at least never really tried. :rolleyes:

A mobile style is nice... Tapatalk is better... and thousands of people, if not more, have already bought Tapatalk so there's no BS about it costing people money to do so- avid forum readers already have it.

A mobile style is nice... Tapatalk is better... and thousands of people, if not more, have already bought Tapatalk so there's no BS about it costing people money to do so- avid forum readers already have it.
How is tapatalk better?

It needs to be updated by a 3rd party, a mobile skin released by the developers would have full functionality of the site as the main point of the product.

A mobile style also allows for forum owners to customize their skin to their needs (Added functionality from their modifications), which Tapatalk does not do.

If tapatalk gets ported, thats all fine and good, but they have nothing over a decently made mobile skin.

Top Bottom