Will there be Tapatalk support?

BirdOPrey5

Just wondering if you guys are working with Tapatalk to have support from the launch? I ask because AVF forums seem to always be advertised with Tapatalk and I'm wondering if they'd really give that up to move to XenForo or if they will be working from the get-go.

TapaTalk has stated their support will begin 3 weeks after 1.0 goes gold. Sounds like work has started, so I'd venture to guess it could be sooner if there are no changes from beta 3 to gold that affect the plugin.

Time for my 2 cents...

1) I can offer a mobile skin, but tt is sooo much faster in loading, I have member who specifically asked for it.
2) It provides a very easy to use interface - much easier to reply to messages, post, etc. The native look makes you feel right at home.
3) Yes, you can pay a fee and make the app free for your users, or even charge them. I see IB only offers that choice, no option to pass the complete cost to the member.
4) tt may have its issues, when found they usually release a fix within 24 hours. For a one time cost of $3, that is some sick service.
5) Over 10,000 forums are in there. Why? Must be the ease of use.
6) I have found forums in there that I would never have found before and am a member as a result.

So if XF and tapatalk could get along (and they can), then why not offer it - even if it is for one member?
So much tt hate here...

and personally, I prefer one app that gives me access to all my fav forums, where I click 3 buttons from the home screen and I am logged in, seeing the latest 20 posts.
Browser: navigate to forum, switch style (maybe), login, preform search for unread. More steps and typing. During which, I am loading a whole bunch of un-needed data... talking 10x as much sometimes...

Just updated myself, didn't notice the slowness mentioned above, but I also have a very small community that's just starting out. No idea if that has much to do with it or not, but worked good for me!

Top Bottom